Uncertainty, Instability, and the Control of Markets
Grounded in the methodological commitments shared by various traditions in heterodox economics, this paper explores going enterprises’ cooperative actions to control markets through social networks. It is argued that 1) market institutions are created and controlled by business enterprises and the state, that 2) competition and cooperation among business enterprises are two sides of the same coin, that 3) competition is regulated, and hence that 4) market instability is managed, if not eliminated, by those who control the market. Such arguments lead to the managed competition thesis that encompasses corporate governance, market governance, and market regulation in an integrative manner.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter B. Meyer, 1986. "The Corporate Person and Social Control: Responding to Deregulation," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 18(3), pages 65-84, September.
- Mayhew, Anne, 1998. "On the Difficulty of Evolutionary Analysis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 449-461, July.
- Frederic S. Lee, 2002. "Theory creation and the methodological foundation of Post Keynesian economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(6), pages 789-804, November.
- J. A. Kregel, 1980. "Markets and Institutions as Features of a Capitalistic Production System," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 3(1), pages 32-48, October.
- Geoffrey Hodgson & Thorbjørn Knudsen, 2004. "The firm as an interactor: firms as vehicles for habits and routines," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 281-307, 07.
- Lee,Frederic S., 1999.
"Post Keynesian Price Theory,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521328708, December.
- Jo, Tae-Hee & Henry, John F., 2013. "Take the Money and Run: The Business Enterprise in the Age of Money Manager Capitalism," MPRA Paper 48782, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paddy Ireland, 2010. "Limited liability, shareholder rights and the problem of corporate irresponsibility," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(5), pages 837-856.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47936. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.