Financing investment under fundamental uncertainty and instability: A heterodox microeconomic view
The business enterprise in the real world wrestles with fundamental uncertainty and instability. Key enterprise decisions such as pricing, financing, and investment are thus made strategically rather than optimally. Heterodox economists are, however, divided in the account of business enterprise's financing behavior; macroeconomists put an emphasis on external financing, whereas microeconomists on internal financing. Moreover, they often stop short of establishing a link between the two. Drawing upon the social provisioning perspective, this essay aims at providing a new light on financing focusing on strategic enterprise decision-making mechanisms.
|Date of creation:||13 Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee,Frederic S., 1999.
"Post Keynesian Price Theory,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521328708.
- Frederic S. Lee, 2002. "Theory creation and the methodological foundation of Post Keynesian economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(6), pages 789-804, November.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 2004. "Induced Investment and Business Cycles," Books, Edward Elgar, number 2947 edited by Dimitri B. Papadimitriou.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1998.
"Uncertainty and the Institutional Structure of Capitalist Economies,"
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1996. "Uncertainty and the Institutional Structure of Capitalist Economies," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_155, Levy Economics Institute.
- Frederic S. Lee & Tae-Hee Jo, 2011.
"Social Surplus Approach and Heterodox Economics,"
Journal of Economic Issues,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 45(4), pages 857-876, December.
- Corbett, Jenny & Jenkinson, Tim, 1997. "How Is Investment Financed? A Study of Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(0), pages 69-93, Supplemen.
- Melmiès Jordan, 2010. "New Keynesians versus Post Keynesians on the theory of prices," Post-Print halshs-00864269, HAL.
- Marc Lavoie, 1992. "Foundations of Post-Keynesian Economic Analysis," Books, Edward Elgar, number 275.
- Davidson, Paul, 1972. "Money and the Real World," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 101-15, March.
- Drakopoulos, S A, 1994. " Hierarchical Choice in Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 133-53, June.
- Lee, Frederic, 2011. "Heterodox microeconomics and the foundation of heterodox macroeconomics," MPRA Paper 30491, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jordan Melmies, 2010. "New Keynesians versus Post Keynesians on the theory of prices," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 32(3), pages 445-466, April.
- Frederic S. Lee, 2011. "Modeling the Economy as a Whole: An Integrative Approach," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(5), pages 1282-1314, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39450. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.