Human capital and strategic persistence: An examination of underperforming workers in two emerging economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Flora F. T. Chiang & Thomas A. Birtch, 2010. "Appraising Performance across Borders: An Empirical Examination of the Purposes and Practices of Performance Appraisal in a Multi-Country Context," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(7), pages 1365-1393, November.
- Mellahi, Kamel & Collings, David G., 2010. "The barriers to effective global talent management: The example of corporate élites in MNEs," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 143-149, April.
- Sidani, Yusuf & Al Ariss, Akram, 2014. "Institutional and corporate drivers of global talent management: Evidence from the Arab Gulf region," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 215-224.
- Forstenlechner, Ingo & Mellahi, Kamel, 2011. "Gaining legitimacy through hiring local workforce at a premium: The case of MNEs in the United Arab Emirates," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 455-461, October.
- Kathleen Beegle & Luc Christiaensen & Andrew Dabalen & Isis Gaddis, 2016. "Poverty in a Rising Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22575, January.
- Daniel Agbiboa, 2012. "Between Corruption and Development: The Political Economy of State Robbery in Nigeria," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(3), pages 325-345, July.
- Al Ariss, Akram & Cascio, Wayne F. & Paauwe, Jaap, 2014. "Talent management: Current theories and future research directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 173-179.
- Bloom, Nicholas & Van Reenen, John, 2011.
"Human Resource Management and Productivity,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,
- Bloom, Nicholas & Van Reenen, John, 2010. "Human Resource Management and Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 7849, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicholas Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2010. "Human Resource Management and Productivity," NBER Working Papers 16019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bloom, Nick & Van Reenen, John, 2010. "Human resource management and productivity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28730, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nicholas Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2010. "Human Resource Management and Productivity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0982, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hayek, Mario & Thomas, Christopher H. & Novicevic, Milorad M. & Montalvo, Daniel, 2016. "Contextualizing human capital theory in a non-Western setting: Testing the pay-for-performance assumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 928-935.
- Barnes, Donald C. & Ponder, Nicole & Hopkins, Christopher D., 2015. "The impact of perceived customer delight on the frontline employee," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 433-441.
- Yi, Youjae & Nataraajan, Rajan & Gong, Taeshik, 2011. "Customer participation and citizenship behavioral influences on employee performance, satisfaction, commitment, and turnover intention," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 87-95, January.
- Marianne Bertrand & Antoinette Schoar, 2006. "The Role of Family in Family Firms," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 73-96, Spring.
- Schwenk, C & Tang, M-Je, 1989. "Economic and psychological explanations for strategic persistence," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 559-570.
- Julian Atanassov & E. Han Kim, 2009. "Labor and Corporate Governance: International Evidence from Restructuring Decisions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(1), pages 341-374, February.
- Michael C. Jensen, 2003. "Paying People to Lie: the Truth about the Budgeting Process," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(3), pages 379-406.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph & Debrah, Yaw A. & Honyenuga, Ben Q. & Adzoyi, Paulina N., 2017. "Business and government interdependence in emerging economies: Insights from hotels in Ghana," MPRA Paper 81320, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph, 2017. "Cultivating greater self-confidence in African management research," MPRA Paper 79751, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; underperforming employees; human capital; underperforming workers; talent;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
- L38 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Policy
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:71629. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .