Romania And The Euro. A Relative Positioning Among The Candidates
For most Eastern European countries that experienced former communist regimes, the EU accession and the use of European symbols – such as the EURO currency – represents both the integration into a strong and efficient economic system, but also the guarantee of a system based on real democratic values. Romania has been the first of this category of states, that has expressed the real and strong attachment for the European Union, its symbols and values. This paper wishes to analyze the key elements concerning Romania’s accession to the EMU and finally the EURO adoption: Romania’s actual macroeconomic situation, the situation of the real and nominal convergence to the accession criteria – in a fuzzy clustering approach in order to determine optimum sequencing of the Euro adoption and the envisaged official calendar for the EURO adoption.
|Date of creation:||20 Nov 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Artis, Michael J & Zhang, W, 1997.
"International Business Cycles and the ERM: Is There a European Business Cycle?,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Artis, Michael J & Zhang, Wenda, 1995. "International Business Cycles and the ERM: Is there a European Business Cycle?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1191, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, 04.
- Sergio de Nardis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2003. "The Impact of Euro on Trade: The (Early) Effect is not so Large," ISAE Working Papers 31, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Dimitri Boreiko, 2002. "EMU and Accession Countries: Fuzzy Cluster Analysis of Membership," Working Papers 71, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- David Barr & Francis Breedon & David Miles, 2003. "Life on the outside: economic conditions and prospects outside euroland," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 573-613, October.
- Paul De Grauwe, 1988. "Exchange Rate Variability and the Slowdown in Growth of International Trade," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(1), pages 63-84, March.
- L. Biacino & M. Simonelli, 1991. "The internal rate of return of fuzzy cash flow," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 14(2), pages 3-13, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5832. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.