Effects of innovation on employment in low-income countries: A mixed-method systematic review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Arup Mitra, 2009. "Technology Import and Industrial Employment: Evidence from Developing Countries," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(4), pages 697-718, December.
- Lundin, Nannan & Sjöholm, Fredrik & Ping, He & Qian, Jinchang, 2007. "Technology Development and Job Creation in China," Working Paper Series 697, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Massimiliano Tancioni & Roberto Simonetti, 2002. "A Macroeconometric Model for the Analysis of the Impact of Technological Change and Trade on Employment," Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, , vol. 13(1-3), pages 185-221, January.
- Kathleen Baker & Sarah Jewitt, 2007. "Evaluating 35 years of Green Revolution technology in villages of Bulandshahr district, western UP, North India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(2), pages 312-339.
- Krolzig, Hans-Martin & Hendry, David F., 2001.
"Computer automation of general-to-specific model selection procedures,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6-7), pages 831-866, June.
- Hans-Martin Krolzig & David Hendry, 1999. "Computer Automation of General-to-Specific Model Selection Procedures," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 314, Society for Computational Economics.
- David Hendry & Hans-Martin Krolzig, 2000. "Computer Automation of General-to-Specific Model Selection Procedures," Economics Series Working Papers 3, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hans-Martin Krolzig, 2000. "Computer Automation of General-to-Specific Model Selection Procedures," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0411, Econometric Society.
- Maria Abreu Henri L. F. de Groot & Raymond J. G. M. Florax, 2005. "A Meta-Analysis of β-Convergence: the Legendary 2%," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 389-420, July.
- T. D. Stanley & Stephen B. Jarrell, 2005.
"Meta-Regression Analysis: A Quantitative Method of Literature Surveys,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 299-308, July.
- Stanley, T D & Jarrell, Stephen B, 1989. " Meta-Regression Analysis: A Quantitative Method of Literature Survey s," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 161-170.
- Card, David & Krueger, Alan B, 1995. "Time-Series Minimum-Wage Studies: A Meta-analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 238-243, May.
- Vincent Duwicquet & Jacques Mazier & Pascal Petit & Jamel Saadaoui, 2015. "The Future of the Euro," Post-Print hal-01399157, HAL.
- Rita K. Almeida, 2010.
"Openness and Technological Innovation in East Asia: Have They Increased the Demand for Skills?,"
Asia-Pacific Development Journal,
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 17(1), pages 63-95, June.
- Almeida, Rita K., 2009. "Openness and technological innovation in East Asia : have they increased the demand for skills?," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 51254, The World Bank.
- Rita Almeida, 2016. "Openness and Technological Innovation in East Asia: Have They Increased the Demand for Skills?," Working Papers id:8463, eSocialSciences.
- Almeida, Rita K., 2010. "Openness and technological innovation in East Asia : have they increased the demand for skills ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5272, The World Bank.
- Almeida, Rita K., 2009. "Openness and Technological Innovation in East Asia: Have They Increased the Demand for Skills?," IZA Discussion Papers 4474, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pier-Paolo Saviotti & Andreas Pyka, 2004. "Economic Development, Variety and Employment," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(6), pages 1023-1049.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Giovanna Vallanti, 2004.
"Productivity Growth and Employment: Theory and Panel Estimates,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0663, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Pissarides, Christopher & Vallanti, Giovanna, 2004. "Productivity growth and employment: theory and panel estimates," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2189, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrea CONTE & Marco VIVARELLI, 2011. "Imported Skill‐Biased Technological Change In Developing Countries," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 49(1), pages 36-65, March.
- Choi, Jai-Young & Yu, Eden S. H. & Jin, Jang C., 2002. "Technical progress, urban unemployment, outputs, and welfare under variable returns to scale," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 411-425.
- T. D. Stanley, 2008.
"Meta‐Regression Methods for Detecting and Estimating Empirical Effects in the Presence of Publication Selection,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(1), pages 103-127, February.
- Stanley, T. D., 2006. "Meta-regression methods for detecting and estimating empirical effects in the presence of publication selection," Working Papers eco_2006_20, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1996.
"On the Timing and Efficiency of Creative Destruction,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 805-852.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1994. "On the Timing and Efficiency of Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 4768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ags:inijae:274787 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berman, Eli & Machin, Stephen, 2000. "Skill-Based Technology Transfer around the World," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 12-22, Autumn.
- Baer, Werner, 1976. "Technology, employment and development: Empirical findings," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 121-130, February.
- Sebastian Braun, 2008. "Economic Integration, Process and Product Innovation, and Relative Skill Demand," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 864-873, November.
- Daron Acemoglu, 1998.
"Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1055-1089.
- Acemoglu, D., 1997. "Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality," Working papers 97-14, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1997. "Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 1707, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bla:devchg:v:24:y:1993:i:3:p:405-437 is not listed on IDEAS
- James, M.J., 1993. "New technologies, employment and labour markets in developing countries," Other publications TiSEM c088f231-c54b-4063-bf42-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Stewart, Frances, 1974. "Technology and employment in LDCs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 17-46, March.
- Piva, Mariacristina., 2004. "The impact of technology transfer on employment and income distribution in developing countries : a survey of theoretical models and empirical studies," ILO Working Papers 993666903402676, International Labour Organization.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2003. "Patterns of Skill Premia," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 199-230.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 1987. "Technical change, employment, and supply response of agriculture in the Nile Delta : A system-wide approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 167-196, February.
- Laura De Dominicis & Raymond J. G. M. Florax & Henri L. F. De Groot, 2008. "A Meta‐Analysis On The Relationship Between Income Inequality And Economic Growth," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(5), pages 654-682, November.
- Allen C. Kelley & Jeffery G. Williamson & Russell J. Cheetham, 1972. "Biased Technological Progress and Labor Force Growth in a Dualistic Economy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 86(3), pages 426-447.
- Chowdhury S. Ahammed & Robert W. Herdt, 1983. "Farm Mechanization in a Semiclosed Input-Output Model: The Philippines," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(3), pages 516-525.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massa, Isabella, 2015. "Technological change in developing countries: Trade-offs between economic, social, and environmental sustainability," MERIT Working Papers 051, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation; employment; low-income countries; systematic reviews; meta-analysis;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INO-2014-11-12 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:58214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.