Economic Development, variety and employment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Fagerberg, Jan, 2000.
"Technological progress, structural change and productivity growth: a comparative study,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 393-411, December.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2000. "Technological Progress, Structural Change and Productivity Growth: A Comparative Study," Working Papers 5, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Frenken, Koen & Saviotti, Paolo P. & Trommetter, Michel, 1999. "Variety and niche creation in aircraft, helicopters, motorcycles and microcomputers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 469-488, June.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & MacDonald, Glenn M, 1994.
"The Life Cycle of a Competitive Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(2), pages 322-347, April.
- Jovanovic, B. & MacDonald, G.M., 1992. "The Life-Cycle of Competitive Industry," Papers 92-09, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Jovanovic, B. & MacDonald, G., 1993. "The Life Cycle of a Competitive Industry," Working Papers 93-34, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Boyan Jovanovic & Glenn MacDonald, 1993. "The Life-Cycle of a Competitive Industry," NBER Working Papers 4441, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
- Pasinetti,Luigi, 1993. "Structural Economic Dynamics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521432825, April.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart, 1998. "Productivity, R&D Spillovers and Trade," Working Papers 98.2, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Growth Based on Increasing Returns Due to Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 56-62, May.
- Saviotti, P. P. & Metcalfe, J. S., 1984. "A theoretical approach to the construction of technological output indicators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 141-151, June.
- Pier Saviotti & Andreas Pyka, 2004. "Economic development by the creation of new sectors," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-35, January.
- Lancaster, Kelvin, 1975. "Socially Optimal Product Differentiation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 567-585, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristiano Antonelli & Morris Teubal, 2010.
"Venture Capitalism as a Mechanism for Knowledge Governance,"
Chapters,in: The Capitalization of Knowledge, chapter 3
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Teubal, Morris, 2006. "Venture Capitalism as a Mechanism for Knowledge Governance," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200604, University of Turin.
- Kurt Dopfer, 2013. "Evolutionary Economics," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2013-08, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Clovis Freire, 2017. "Promoting structural transformation: strategic diversification vs. laissez-faire approach," Working Papers 151, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Cristiano Antonelli & Morris Teubal, 2009. "Venture Capitalism, New Markets and Innovation-led Economic Growth," ICER Working Papers 03-2009, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Saviotti, Pier Paolo & Pyka, Andreas, 2013.
"From necessities to imaginary worlds: Structural change, product quality and economic development,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Elsevier, vol. 80(8), pages 1499-1512.
- Pier Paolo Saviotti & Andreas Pyka, 2013. "From necessities to imaginary worlds: Structural change, product quality and economic development," Post-Print hal-01064107, HAL.
- Fritsch, Michael, 2013.
"New Business Formation and Regional Development: A Survey and Assessment of the Evidence,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship,
now publishers, vol. 9(3), pages 249-364, February.
- Michael Fritsch, 2011. "New Business Formation and Regional Development: A Survey and Assessment of the Evidence," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1127, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Fritsch, 2011. "The effect of new business formation on regional development - Empirical evidence, interpretation, and avenues for further research," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-006, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Michael Fritsch, 2012. "Methods of analyzing the relationship between new business formation and regional development," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-064, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Cristiano Antonelli & Morris Teubal, 2012.
"From the Corporation to Venture Capitalism: New Surrogate Markets for Knowledge and Innovation Led Economic Growth,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 38
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Antonelli Cristiano & Teubal Morris, 2011. "From the corporation to venture capitalism: new surrogate markets for knowledge and innovation-led economic growth"," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201106, University of Turin.
- Frank Oort & Johan Oud & Otto Raspe, 2009. "The urban knowledge economy and employment growth: a spatial structural equation modeling approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(4), pages 859-877, December.
- Freire Junior, Clovis, 2017. "Promoting structural transformation: Strategic diversification vs laissez-faire approach," MERIT Working Papers 037, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Attila Varga, 2017. "Place-based, Spatially Blind, or Both? Challenges in Estimating the Impacts of Modern Development Policies," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 40(1), pages 12-37, January.
- repec:elg:eechap:14395_15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ugur, Mehmet & Mitra, Arup, 2014. "Effects of innovation on employment in low-income countries: A mixed-method systematic review," MPRA Paper 58214, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Aug 2014.
- Koen Frenken & Frank G. van Oort & Thijs Verburg & Ron A. Boschma, 2004. "Variety and regional economic growth in the Netherlands," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0502, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Dec 2004.
- Michael Fritsch & Florian Noseleit, 2009.
"Start-ups, Long- and Short-Term Survivors and their Effect on Regional Employment Growth,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2009-081, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Michael Fritsch & Florian Noseleit, 2011. "Start-ups, Long- and Short-Term Survivors and their Effect on Regional Employment Growth," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1102, European Regional Science Association.
- Cimoli, Mario & Fleitas, Sebastian & Porcile, Gabriel, 2011. "Real Exchange Rate and the Structure of Exports," MPRA Paper 37846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic development; employment; multisectoral model;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2003-11-09 (Development)
- NEP-ENT-2003-11-09 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2003-11-09 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2003-11-09 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwgee:geewp35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://www.wu.ac.at/economics/en .