From the corporation to venture capitalism: new surrogate markets for knowledge and innovation-led economic growth"
This unique Handbook explores both the economics of the firm and the theory of the firm, two areas which are traditionally treated separately in the literature. On the one hand, the former refers to the structure, organization and boundaries of the firm, while the latter is devoted to the analysis of behaviours and strategies in particular market contexts. The novel concept underpinning this authoritative volume is that these two areas closely interact, and that a framework must be articulated in order to illustrate how linkages can be created.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Mar 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.unito.it/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dahlman, Carl J, 1979. "The Problem of Externality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 141-62, April.
- Paul Gompers & Josh Lerner, 2001. "The Venture Capital Revolution," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 145-168, Spring.
- Coase Ronald, 1991.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(4), pages 10, December.
- G. Avnimelech & M. Teubal, 2008. "From Direct Support Of Business Sector R&D/Innovation To Targeting Venture Capital/Private Equity: A Catching-Up Innovation And Technology Policy Life Cycle Perspective," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1-2), pages 153-172.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2001.
"The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism,"
- Richard N. Langlois, 2003. "The vanishing hand: the changing dynamics of industrial capitalism," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Working papers 2002-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993.
"Finance and growth : Schumpeter might be right,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1083, The World Bank.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Teubal, Morris, 2008. "Venture Capital as a Mechanism for Knowledge Governance: New Markets and Innovation-Led Economic Growth," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200805, University of Turin.
- Joshua S. Gans & Scott Stern, 2000.
"When Does Funding Research by Smaller Firms Bear Fruit?: Evidence from the SBIR Program,"
NBER Working Papers
7877, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Gans & Scott Stern, 2003. "When does funding research by smaller firms bear fruit?: Evidence from the SBIR program," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 361-384.
- Lerner, Josh, 1995. " Venture Capitalists and the Oversight of Private Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 301-18, March.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1995. "Recent Evolutionary Theorizing about Economic Change," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 48-90, March.
- Avnimelech, Gil & Teubal, Morris, 2006. "Creating venture capital industries that co-evolve with high tech: Insights from an extended industry life cycle perspective of the Israeli experience," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1477-1498, December.
- Teece, David J., 1986.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Teece, David J., 1993. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- Fornahl, Dirk & Menzel, Max-Peter, 2003. "Co-Development Of Firm Foundings And Regional Clusters," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-284, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Teubal, Morris, 2008. "Knowledge-intensive property rights and the evolution of venture capitalism," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 163-182, August.
- Paolo Saviotti & Andreas Pyka, 2003.
"Economic Development, variety and employment,"
geewp35, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Gil Avnimelech & Morris Teubal, 2008. "Evolutionary targeting," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 151-166, April.
- Gil Avnimelech & Morris Teubal, 2004. "Venture capital start-up co-evolution and the emergence & development of Israel's new high tech cluster," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 33-60.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uto:labeco:201106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri)or (Marina Grazioli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.