Modelling the sectoral structure of the final output
This paper examines the modelling complications that appear when some macroeconomic behavioral relationships interact with structural variables, even under a given A matrix. The main problem is concretized for the situation when, a) the final consumption, gross fixed capital formation, inventory changes, export, import (all of them at the market prices), and gross value added (at the production prices) are estimated as macro-indicators, and b) the output (at production prices) is determined on a disaggregated level. The so-called demand-side or supply-side approaches are possible; here, the supply-side approache is especially researched. With such a goal, the regression and linear weighted average (in the Fisher version)techniques are discussed as the main tools for estimating sectoral weights of the final output. For the linear weighted average method, the paper sketches – as a discussion proposal – a methodology for the optimal selection of the length (number of terms) of the moving average. As a primary database, the Romanian input-output tables for 1989–2009, aggregated into 10 sectors were used.
|Date of creation:||May 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emilian Dobrescu, "undated".
"Integration of Macroeconomic Behavioural Relationships and the Input-output Block (Romanian Modelling Experience),"
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2006. "Integration of macroeconomic behavioural relationships and the input-output block: Romanian modelling experience," MPRA Paper 35748, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521517133, October.
- Dobrescu, Emilian & Gaftea, Viorel & Scutaru, Cornelia, 2010. "Using the Leontief Matrix to Estimate the Impact of Investments upon the Global Output," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 176-187, July.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521739023, October.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2009. "Measuring the Interaction of Structural Changes with Inflation," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(5), pages 5-99. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48569. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.