The Effects of Additional Monetary Tightening on Exchange Rates
Since the global financial crisis, Central Banks have used various policy tools to sustain financial stability besides price stability. Additional Monetary Tightening is one of these tools that the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey used in 2011-2012. The effects of this tool on the exchange rate are the main theme of this paper. Our analysis indicates that additional monetary tightening has a significant role in reducing volatility in the exchange rate. It is also shown that during the days of additional tightening Turkish Lira appreciated against the emerging market currencies.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erdem Basci & Hakan Kara, 2011. "Financial Stability and Monetary Policy," Working Papers 1108, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Yasin Akcelik & Erdem Basci & Ergun Ermisoglu & Arif Oduncu, 2013. "The Turkish Approach to Capital Flow Volatility," Working Papers 1306, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Erdem Başçı & Hakan Kara, 2011. "Finansal istikrar ve para politikası," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 26(302), pages 9-25.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.