Reserve Options Mechanism : A New Macroprudential Tool to Limit the Adverse Effects of Capital Flow Volatility on Exchange Rates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominguez, Kathryn M., 1998. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 161-190, February.
- Arif Oduncu, 2011. "The Effects of Currency Futures Trading on Turkish Currency Market," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 5(1), pages 97-109.
- Eric V. Clifton, 1985. "The currency futures market and interbank foreign exchange trading," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(3), pages 375-384, September.
- Domac, Ilker & Mendoza, Alfonso, 2004. "Is there room for foreign exchange interventions under an inflation targeting framework ? Evidence from Mexico and Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3288, The World Bank.
- Christian Glocker & Pascal Towbin, 2012.
"Reserve Requirements for Price and Financial Stability: When Are They Effective?,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(1), pages 65-114, March.
- Glocker, C. & Towbin, P., 2012. "Reserve Requirements for Price and Financial Stability - When Are They Effective?," Working papers 363, Banque de France.
- Mimir Yasin & Sunel Enes & Taşkın Temel, 2013.
"Required reserves as a credit policy tool,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-58, June.
- Yasin Mimir & Enes Sunel & Temel Taskin, 2012. "Required Reserves as a Credit Policy Tool," Working Papers 1224, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Mimir, Yasin & Sunel, Enes & Taskin, Temel, 2012. "Required reserves as a credit policy tool," MPRA Paper 39613, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Disyatat, Piti & Galati, Gabriele, 2007.
"The effectiveness of foreign exchange intervention in emerging market countries: Evidence from the Czech koruna,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 383-402, April.
- Gabriele Galati & Piti Disyatat, 2005. "The effectiveness of foreign exchange intervention in emerging market countries: evidence from the Czech koruna," BIS Working Papers 172, Bank for International Settlements.
- Erdem Başçı & Hakan Kara, 2011. "Finansal istikrar ve para politikası," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 26(302), pages 9-25.
- Reinhart, Carmen M & Reinhart, Vincent R, 1999.
"On the Use of Reserve Requirements in Dealing with Capital Flow Problems,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 27-54, January.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Reinhart, Vincent, 1999. "On the use of reserve requirements in dealing with capital flow problems," MPRA Paper 13703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hakan Berument & Asli Günay, 2003.
"Exchange Rate Risk and Interest Rate: A Case Study for Turkey,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 19-27, January.
- Hakan Berument & Asli GŸnay, 2001. "Exchange Rate Risk and Interest Rate : A Case Study for Turkey," Working Papers 0110, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- A.Hakan KARA, 2012. "Küresel kriz sonrası para politikası," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 27(315), pages 09-36.
- Gustavo Abarca & Claudia Ramírez & José Gonzalo Rangel, 2012. "Capital Controls and Exchange Rate Expectations in Emerging Markets," Working Papers 2012-08, Banco de México.
- Christian Jochum & Laura Kodres, 1998. "Does the Introduction of Futures on Emerging Market Currencies Destabilize the Underlying Currencies?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(3), pages 486-521, September.
- Yasin Akcelik & Erdem Basci & Ergun Ermisoglu & Arif Oduncu, 2013. "The Turkish Approach to Capital Flow Volatility," Working Papers 1306, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Yasin Akcelik & Ergun Ermisoglu & Arif Oduncu & Temel Taskin, 2012. "Ek Parasal Sikilastirma’nin Doviz Kurlari Uzerindeki Etkisi," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1230, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drobyshevsky, Sergey M. (Дробышевский, Сергей) & Kiyutsevskaya, Anna M. (Киюцевская, Анна) & Trunin, Pavel V. (Трунин, Павел), 2018.
"Scope of Interest Rate Policy of Central Banks
[Возможности Процентной Политики Центральных Банков]," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 4, pages 42-61, August.
- Salih Fendoglu & Mustafa Kilinc & Mehmet Yörükoglu, 2014. "Cross-border portfolio flows and the role of macroprudential policies: experiences from Turkey," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The transmission of unconventional monetary policy to the emerging markets, volume 78, pages 347-359, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2014. "The transmission of unconventional monetary policy to the emerging markets," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 78, June.
More about this item
KeywordsReserve Options Mechanism; Volatility of Turkish lira; Central Bank of the Republic of Turkeyâ€™s Policy Mix;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:cebare:v:13:y:2013:i:3:p:45-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or () or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tcmgvtr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.