A Flexible State Space Model and its Applications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roberto S. Mariano & Yasutomo Murasawa, 2003. "A new coincident index of business cycles based on monthly and quarterly series," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 427-443.
- Forni, Mario & Hallin, Marc & Lippi, Marco & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2003.
"Do financial variables help forecasting inflation and real activity in the euro area?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1243-1255, September.
- Forni, Mario & Hallin, Marc & Lippi, Marco & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2002. "Do Financial Variables Help Forecasting Inflation and Real Activity in the Euro Area?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3146, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marc Hallin & Mario Forni & Marco Lippi & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2003. "Do financial variables help forecasting inflation and real activity in the Euro area ?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2123, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Christian Schumacher, 2007.
"Forecasting German GDP using alternative factor models based on large datasets,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 271-302.
- Schumacher, Christian, 2005. "Forecasting German GDP using alternative factor models based on large datasets," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,24, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2005. "Implications of Dynamic Factor Models for VAR Analysis," NBER Working Papers 11467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199641178, June.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Joshua C.C. Chan & Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney W. Strachan, 2012.
"Time Varying Dimension Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 358-367, January.
- Chan, Joshua C C & Koop, Gary & Leon-Gonzalez, Roberto & Strachan, Rodney W, 2010. "Time Varying Dimension Models," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-33, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Joshua C.C. Chan & Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney W. Strachan, 2010. "Time Varying Dimension Models," Working Paper series 44_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Joshua C C Chan & Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzales & Rodney W Strachan, 2011. "Time Varying Dimension Models," CAMA Working Papers 2011-28, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Joshua Chan & Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney Strachan, 2011. "Time Varying Dimension Models," Working Papers 1116, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Joshua C.C. Chan & Garry Koop & Roberto Leon Gonzales & Rodney W. Strachan, 2010. "Time Varying Dimension Models," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2010-523, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Roberto S. Mariano & Yasutomo Murasawa, 2010. "A Coincident Index, Common Factors, and Monthly Real GDP," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(1), pages 27-46, February.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Jean Boivin & Piotr Eliasz, 2005. "Measuring the Effects of Monetary Policy: A Factor-Augmented Vector Autoregressive (FAVAR) Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(1), pages 387-422.
- Jungbacker, B. & Koopman, S.J. & van der Wel, M., 2011.
"Maximum likelihood estimation for dynamic factor models with missing data,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1358-1368, August.
- B. Jungbacker & S.J. Koopman & M. Van Der Wel, 2011. "Maximum likelihood estimation for dynamic factor models with missing data," Post-Print hal-00828980, HAL.
- Eickmeier, Sandra, 2007.
"Business cycle transmission from the US to Germany--A structural factor approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 521-551, April.
- Eickmeier, Sandra, 2004. "Business Cycle Transmission from the US to Germany: a Structural Factor Approach," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2004,12, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Namwon Hyung & Clive W.J. Granger, 2008. "Linking series generated at different frequencies This work is part of a PhD dissertation presented at the University of California, San Diego (1999)," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 95-108.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 2002. "Macroeconomic Forecasting Using Diffusion Indexes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(2), pages 147-162, April.
- Zadrozny, Peter, 1988. "Gaussian Likelihood of Continuous-Time ARMAX Models When Data Are Stocks and Flows at Different Frequencies," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 108-124, April.
- Olivier Basdevant, 2003. "On applications of state-space modelling in macroeconomics," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2003/02, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Stefan Mittnik & Peter A. Zadrozny, 2004. "Forecasting Quarterly German GDP at Monthly Intervals Using Monthly IFO Business Conditions Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 1203, CESifo Group Munich.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ledenyov, Dimitri O. & Ledenyov, Viktor O., 2013. "On the Stratonovich – Kalman - Bucy filtering algorithm application for accurate characterization of financial time series with use of state-space model by central banks," MPRA Paper 50235, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsState Space Model; Kalman Filter; ARMA; Mixed Frequency; Factor Model;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2012-05-08 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2012-05-08 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .