Migration, Diaspora et développement humain
[Migration, Diaspora and Human Development]
This contribution aims to provide some understanding of migration issues in the case of Morocco. This is to recall the various initiatives taken by the Moroccan authorities to strengthen ties between Morocco and migrants. An analysis of the evolution of remittances and their impact on the economy is proposed. Similarly, we address the problem of migration of highly skilled labor in the Moroccan case.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miyagiwa, K., 1989.
"Scale Economics In Education And The Brain Drain Problem,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington
89-09, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz, 1991. "Scale Economies in Education and the Brain Drain Problem," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 743-59, August.
- Miyagiwa, K., 1989. "Scale Economics In Education And The Brain Drain Problem," Working Papers 89-09, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Chennouf, Soheïl & Lévy-Garboua, Louis & Montmarquette, Claude, 1997. "Les effets de l’appartenance à un groupe de travail sur les salaires individuels," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 73(1), pages 207-232, mars-juin.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Lien, Da-Hsiang Donald, 1993. "Asymmetric Information and the Brain Drain," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 6(2), pages 169-80, May.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2002.
"Inducing human capital formation: migration as a substitute for subsidies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 29-46, October.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2001. "Inducing Human Capital Formation: Migration as a Substitute for Subsidies," Economics Series 100, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Bouoiyour, jamal, 2003.
"Système National d’Innovation au Maroc
[National Innovation System In Morocco]," MPRA Paper 29303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia, 1997.
"A brain gain with a brain drain,"
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 227-234, August.
- James E. Rauch & Vitor Trindade, 1999.
"Ethnic Chinese Networks in International Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
7189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nancy H. Chau & Oded Stark, 1998.
"Human Capital Formation, Asymmetric Information, and the Dynamics of International Migration,"
Departmental Working Papers
_095, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Stark, Oded & Chau, Nancy H., 1998. "Human Capital Formation, Asymmetric Information, and the Dynamics of International Migration," Economics Series 52, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Nordman, C., 2000. "La formation sur le tas par diffusion du savoir : estimations sur donnees marocaines, mauriciennes et tunisiennes," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.111, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Toufik, Said, 2003.
"Productivité des industries manufacturières marocaines et investissements directs étrangers
[Productivity in Moroccan manufacturing and foreign direct investment]," MPRA Paper 38097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Warlters, Michael, 2012.
"The marginal cost of public funds and tax reform in Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 58-72.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Walters, Michael, 2009. "The Marginal Cost of Public Funds and Tax Reform in Africa," TSE Working Papers 09-110, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.