Brain Drain and Fiscal Competition. A theoretical model for the Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz, 1991.
"Scale Economies in Education and the Brain Drain Problem,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 743-759, August.
- Miyagiwa, K., 1989. "Scale Economics In Education And The Brain Drain Problem," Working Papers 89-09, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Miyagiwa, K., 1989. "Scale Economics In Education And The Brain Drain Problem," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 89-09, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- McCulloch, Rachel & Yellen, Janet L., 1975. "Consequences of a tax on the brain drain for unemployment and income inequality in less developed countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 249-264, September.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1975. "On the Welfare Aspects of International Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(5), pages 1065-1072, October.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Hamada, Koichi, 1974. "The brain drain, international integration of markets for professionals and unemployment : A theoretical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-42, April.
- Kwok, Viem & Leland, Hayne, 1982. "An Economic Model of the Brain Drain," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 91-100, March.
- Helliwell, J.F., 1999.
"Checking the Brain Drain: Evidence and Implications,"
99-3, Institute for Policy Analysis.
- Helliwell, J.F., 1999. "Checking the Brain Drain: Evidence and Implications," Papers 99-3, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Usher, Dan, 1977. "Public Property and the Effects of Migration upon Other Residents of the Migrants' Countries of Origin and Destination," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 1001-1020, October.
- Straubhaar, Thomas, 2000. "International mobility of the highly skilled: Brain gain, brain drain or brain exchange," HWWA Discussion Papers 88, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Theodore W. Schultz, 1960. "Capital Formation by Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 571-571.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1999. "Report No. 3: Assessment of Possible Migration Pressure and its Labour Market Impact Following EU Enlargement to Central and Eastern Europe," IZA Research Reports 3, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- H. G. Grubel & A. D. Scott, 1966. "The Immigration of Scientists and Engineers to the United States, 1949-61," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 368-368.
- Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Growth Based on Increasing Returns Due to Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 56-62, May.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raluca DRACEA & Cristian STANCIU & Ekrem TUFAN, 2008. "The Impact of the Fiscal Competition on The Migration in European Union," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 3(36), pages 1267-1273, May.
- Pierpaolo Giannoccolo, 2003. "Brain Drain and Fiscal Competition: a Theoretical Model for Europe," Working Papers 20060602, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica, revised Jun 2006.
- Raluca Dacea & Cristian Stanciu & Narcis Eduard Mitu, 2008. "The Impact of the Fiscal Competition on the Migration in The European Union," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 101-110.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bol:bodewp:481. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sebolit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.