International mobility of the highly skilled: Brain gain, brain drain or brain exchange
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Why Doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 92-96, May.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Dellalfar, William, 1973. "The brain drain and income taxation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 1(1-2), pages 94-101, February.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Rodriguez, Carlos, 1975. "Welfare-theoretical analyses of the brain drain," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 195-221, September.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Growth Based on Increasing Returns Due to Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 56-62, May.
- Berry, R Albert & Soligo, Ronald, 1969. "Some Welfare Aspects of International Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(5), pages 778-794, Sept./Oct.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:icb:wpaper:v:4:y:2017:i:1:198-203 is not listed on IDEAS
- Searing, Elizabeth A.M. & Rios-Avila, Fernando & Lecy, Jesse D., 2013. "The impact of psychological trauma on wages in post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 165-173.
- P. Giannoccolo, 2003. "Brain Drain and Fiscal Competition. A theoretical model for the Europe," Working Papers 481, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Thomas Lange, 2009. "Return migration of foreign students and the choice of non-resident tuition fees," ifo Working Paper Series 74, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Michael Knogler & Volkhart Vincentz, 2004. "EU-Erweiterung : Die wirtschaftliche Beitrittsfähigkeit der Balkanländer," Working Papers 249, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Bildirici, M. & Orcan, M. & Sunal, S. & Aykaç, E., 2005. "Determinants of Human Capital Theory, Growth and Brain Drain: An Econometric Analysis for 77 Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(2).
- repec:cbu:jrnlec:y:2017:v:3:p:26-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boncea Irina, 2013. "Medical Brain Drain - A Theoretical Approach," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 64-71, July.
- Peter Schaeffer, 2005.
"Human capital, migration strategy, and brain drain,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 319-335.
- Peter Schaeffer, 2004. "Human Capital, Migration Strategy, and Brain Drain," Working Papers Research Paper 2004-03, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Ernest MIGUELEZ & Claudia NOUMEDEM TEMGOUA, 2017. "Immigration externalities, knowledge flows and brain gain," Cahiers du GREThA 2017-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Pierpaolo Giannoccolo, 2003. "Brain Drain and Fiscal Competition: a Theoretical Model for Europe," Working Papers 20060602, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica, revised Jun 2006.
- Qin, Fei, 2015. "Global talent, local careers: Circular migration of top Indian engineers and professionals," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 405-420.
- D'Costa, Anthony P., 2006. "The International Mobility of Technical Talent: Trends and Development Implications," WIDER Working Paper Series 143, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wink, Ruediger, 2002. "The transregional dimension of territorial knowledge management. An evolutionary perspective on the role of universities," ERSA conference papers ersa02p496, European Regional Science Association.
- Jan Kranich, 2008. "R&D and the agglomeration of industries," Working Paper Series in Economics 83, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Anthony P. D'Costa, 2006. "The International Mobility of Technical Talent: Trends and Development Implications," Working Papers id:778, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwadp:26296. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hwwaade.html .