Les transferts des fonds des migrants marocains : Leviers de croissance et du développement
[Remittances of Moroccan migrants: Levers of growth and development]
Remittances are an important source of external financing for a country like Morocco. We show in this paper the properties of these financial flows. Indeed, we show that remittances are more stable than foreign direct investment. They are pro-cyclical in some periods and countercyclical in others. We show also that they reduce the gender inequalities in education. They do not cause Dutch disease and promote financial development. While Moroccan officials in charge of migration issues have managed to maintain an uninterrupted flow of transfers for decades, but the question of the assignment is acute. The multiplication of actors in charge of migration issues is a key obstacle to the effectiveness of these transfers. An aggiornamento of governance of migration issues in Morocco seems more than necessary.
|Date of creation:||11 Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993.
"Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- bouoiyour, jamal & bennaghmouch, Saloua, 2002.
"Capital humain et croissance économique au Maroc
[Human Capital and Economic Growth in Morocco]," MPRA Paper 29163, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Emonnot, Claude & Rey, Serge, 2005.
"Régimes de change intermédiaires dans les économies émergentes: le cas du Maroc
[Intermediate Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Economies: The Case of Morocco]," MPRA Paper 30215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014. "A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Bouoiyour, jamal, 2006.
"Migration, Diaspora et développement humain
[Migration, Diaspora and Human Development]," MPRA Paper 37014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frederic, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT & I-Leng Shen, 2007.
"Remittances and inequality : A dynamic migration model,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques)
2007003, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- I-Ling Shen & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2010. "Remittances and inequality: a dynamic migration model," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(2), pages 197-220, June.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2003. "Remittances and Inequality: A Dynamic Migration Model," Working Papers 2003-05, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport & I-Ling Shen, 2006. "Remittances and inequality: A dynamic migration model," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0614, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Remittances and Inequality: A Dynamic Migration Model," IZA Discussion Papers 808, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rui Esteves & David Khoudour-Castéras, 2009.
"Remittances, Capital Flows and Financial Development during the Mass Migration Period, 1870-1913,"
2009-12, CEPII research center.
- Esteves, Rui & Khoudour-Castéras, David, 2011. "Remittances, capital flows and financial development during the mass migration period, 1870–1913," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 443-474, December.
- bouoiyour, jamal, 2008.
"Diaspora et dévelopement: Quelles intercations dans le cas marocain?
[Diaspora and developement: What intercations in the Moroccan case?]," MPRA Paper 37216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valero-Gil, Jorge, 2008. "Remittances and the household’s expenditures on health," MPRA Paper 9572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alejandra Cox Edwards & Manuelita Ureta, 2003. "International Migration, Remittances, and Schooling: Evidence from El Salvador," NBER Working Papers 9766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50537. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.