The effects of remittances on poverty and inequality: Evidence from rural southern Morocco
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jamal BOUOIYOUR & Amal MIFTAH, 2014. "The effects of remittances on poverty and inequality: Evidence from rural southern Morocco," Working Papers 2013-2014_14, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised May 2014.
References listed on IDEAS
- Valero-Gil, Jorge, 2008. "Remittances and the household’s expenditures on health," MPRA Paper 9572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- I-Ling Shen & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2010.
"Remittances and inequality: a dynamic migration model,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(2), pages 197-220, June.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2003. "Remittances and Inequality: A Dynamic Migration Model," Working Papers 2003-05, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT & I-Leng Shen, 2007. "Remittances and inequality : A dynamic migration model," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2007003, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport & I-Ling Shen, 2006. "Remittances and inequality: A dynamic migration model," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0614, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Remittances and Inequality: A Dynamic Migration Model," IZA Discussion Papers 808, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, J. Edward & Mora, Jorge & Adams, Richard H., Jr. & Lopez-Feldman, Alejandro, 2005.
"Remittances, Inequality and Poverty: Evidence from Rural Mexico,"
60287, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Mora, Jorge & Adams, Richard H., Jr., 2005. "Remittances, Inequality and Poverty: Evidence from Rural Mexico," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19245, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ali Mansoor & Bryce Quillin, 2007. "Migration and Remittances : Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6920.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2009.
"Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1143-1154, June.
- Calero, C. & Bedi, A.S. & Sparrow, R.A., 2008. "Remittances, liquidity constraints and human capital investments in Ecuador," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18735, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2008. "Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador," IZA Discussion Papers 3358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- John Anyanwu & Andrew E. O. Erhijakpor, 2010. "Do International Remittances Affect Poverty in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 22(1), pages 51-91.
- Richard P.C. Brown & Eliana Jimenez, 2008.
"Estimating the net effects of migration and remittances on poverty and inequality: comparison of Fiji and Tonga,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 547-571.
- Brown, Richard P.C. & Jimenez, Eliana, 2007. "Estimating the Net Effects of Migration and Remittances on Poverty and Inequality: Comparison of Fiji and Tonga," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Acosta, Pablo & Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lopez, J. Humberto, 2007. "The impact of remittances on poverty and human capital : evidence from Latin American household surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4247, The World Bank.
- Mckenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007.
"Network effects and the dynamics of migration and inequality: Theory and evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 1-24, September.
- David Mckenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Network Effects and the Dynamics of Migration and Inequality: Theory and Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2004-3, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2011.
"Can migration reduce educational attainment? Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1331-1358, October.
- McKenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2006. "Can migration reduce educational attainment ? Evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3952, The World Bank.
- Cox, Donald & Eser, Zekeriya & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1998.
"Motives for private transfers over the life cycle: An analytical framework and evidence for Peru,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 57-80.
- Donald Cox & Zekeriya Eser & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1996. "Motives for Private Transfers over the Life Cycle: An Analytical Framework and Evidence for Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 327., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alejandra Cox Edwards & Manuelita Ureta, 2003. "International Migration, Remittances, and Schooling: Evidence from El Salvador," NBER Working Papers 9766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Edwards, Alejandra Cox & Ureta, Manuelita, 2003. "International migration, remittances, and schooling: evidence from El Salvador," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 429-461, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4711 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Steven Stillman, 2013.
"Accounting for Selectivity and Duration-Dependent Heterogeneity When Estimating the Impact of Emigration on Incomes and Poverty in Sending Areas,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 247-280.
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David & Stillman, Steven, 2010. "Accounting for selectivity and duration-dependent heterogeneity when estimating the impact of emigration on incomes and poverty in sending areas," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5268, The World Bank.
- Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John, 2003. "Poverty, Inequality and Growth in Selected Middle East and North Africa Countries, 1980-2000," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2027-2048, December.
- Barham, Bradford & Boucher, Stephen, 1998. "Migration, remittances, and inequality: estimating the net effects of migration on income distribution," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 307-331, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Estimation of the net effects of remittances on poverty and inequality. Evidence from rural southern Morocco
by pmakdissi in NEP-ARA blog on 2014-10-15 03:08:47
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Miftah, Amal & Selmi, Refk, 2014. "Do Financial Flows raise or reduce Economic growth Volatility? Some Lessons from Moroccan case," MPRA Paper 57258, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; Poverty; Income distribution; Morocco.;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2014-05-09 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2014-05-09 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2014-05-09 (International Trade)
- NEP-MIG-2014-05-09 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55686. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .