Capital flow to China and the issue of hot money: an empirical investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chuhan, Punam & Claessens, Stijn & Mamingi, Nlandu, 1998. "Equity and bond flows to Latin America and Asia: the role of global and country factors," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 439-463, April.
- Edison, Hali J. & Warnock, Francis E., 2003.
"A simple measure of the intensity of capital controls,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 81-103, February.
- Edison, Hali J. & Warnock, Francis E., 2001. "A Simple Measure of the Intensity of Capital Controls," International Finance Discussion Papers 708, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised Oct 2002.
- Francis E. Warnock & Hali J Edison, 2001. "A Simple Measure of the Intensity of Capital Controls," IMF Working Papers 01/180, International Monetary Fund.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P., 1999. "Hot money, accounting labels and the permanence of capital flows to developing countries: an empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 337-364, August.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199641178, June.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Ford Brown, 2004. "Kalman filter approach to estimate the demand for international reserves," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(15), pages 1655-1668.
- Gunter, Frank R., 1996. "Capital flight from the People's Republic of China: 1984-1994," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 77-96.
- Guonan Ma & RobertN McCauley, 2008. "Efficacy Of China'S Capital Controls: Evidence From Price And Flow Data," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 104-123, February.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P., 1999. "Moral hazard, asset price bubbles, capital flows, and the East Asian crisis:: the first tests," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 637-657, August.
- Ashoka Mody & Mark Taylor & Jung Yeon Kim, 2001. "Forecasting capital flows to emerging markets: a Kalman filtering approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 581-589.
- Ljungwall, Christer & Wang, Zijian, 2008. "Why is capital flowing out of China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 359-372, September.
- Gunter, Frank R., 2004. "Capital flight from China: 1984-2001," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 63-85, January.
More about this item
Keywordscapital flows; persistence; Kalman filter technique; capital account; capital control;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32539. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .