El desempeño de los estudiantes de secundaria en los colegios de Fe y Alegría en Colombia: una cuestión de Fe y/o Alegría?
[Academic performance of Fe y Alegria high school students in Colombia: is it a matter of Fe (faith) and/or Alegria (joy)?]
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2004. "Working for God?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4214, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cox, Donald & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1990. "The relative effectiveness of private and public schools : Evidence from two developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 99-121, November.
- Allcott, Hunt & Ortega, Daniel E., 2009. "The performance of decentralized school systems : evidence from Fe y Alegría in Venezuela," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4879, The World Bank.
- William N. Evans & Robert M. Schwab, 1995. "Finishing High School and Starting College: Do Catholic Schools Make a Difference?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 941-974.
- Wodon, Quentin & Ying, Yvonne, 2009. "Literacy and Numeracy in Faith-Based and Government Schools in Sierra Leone," MPRA Paper 16462, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Do Private Schools Provide Competition for Public Schools?," NBER Working Papers 4978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Nechyba, 2000. "Mobility, Targeting, and Private-School Vouchers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 130-146, March.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2005. "An Evaluation of Instrumental Variable Strategies for Estimating the Effects of Catholic Schooling," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(4), pages 791-821.
- Deryke Belshaw, 2005. "Enhancing the Development Capabilities of Civil Society Organisations, with Particular Reference to Christian Faith-Based Organisations (CFBOS)," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-035, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hsieh, Chang-Tai & Urquiola, Miguel, 2006. "The effects of generalized school choice on achievement and stratification: Evidence from Chile's voucher program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1477-1503, September.
- Ho, Daniel E. & Imai, Kosuke & King, Gary & Stuart, Elizabeth A., 2007. "Matching as Nonparametric Preprocessing for Reducing Model Dependence in Parametric Causal Inference," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 199-236, June.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lavado, Pablo & Cueto, Santiago & Yamada, Gustavo & Wensjoe, Micaela, 2016. "The Effect of Fe y Alegria on School Achievement: Exploiting a School Lottery Selection as a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 10431, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lavado, Pablo & Cueto, Santiago & Yamada, Gustavo & Wensjoe, Micaela, 2016.
"The Effect of Fe y Alegria on School Achievement: Exploiting a School Lottery Selection as a Natural Experiment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10431, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pablo Lavado & Santiago Cueto & Micaela Wensjoe & Gustavo Yamada, 2017. "The effect of Fe y Alegria on school achievement: exploiting a school lottery selection as a natural experiment," Working Papers 10431, Centro de InvestigaciÃ³n, Universidad del PacÃfico, revised Feb 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation; Faith-based schools; Public-private partnerships; Fe y Alegría; Colombia;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-02-12 (Education)
- NEP-LAM-2011-02-12 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .