Foreign direct investment, exports, and economic growth in selected emerging countries: Multivariate VAR analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Easterly, William & King, Robert G & Levine, Ross & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Policy, Technology Adoption and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 957, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zivot, Eric & Andrews, Donald W K, 2002.
"Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil-Price Shock, and the Unit-Root Hypothesis,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 25-44, January.
- Zivot, Eric & Andrews, Donald W K, 1992. "Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil-Price Shock, and the Unit-Root Hypothesis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 251-270, July.
- Eric Zivot & Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 944, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ZIVOT: RATS procedure to perform Zivot-Andrews Unit Root Test," Statistical Software Components RTS00236, Boston College Department of Economics.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Liu, Xiaming & Wang, Chengang & Wei, Yingqi, 2001. "Causal links between foreign direct investment and trade in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 190-202.
- Shandre Mugan Thangavelu & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2004. "Is there an export or import-led productivity growth in rapidly developing Asian countries? a multivariate VAR analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(10), pages 1083-1093.
- Clemente, Jesus & Montanes, Antonio & Reyes, Marcelo, 1998. "Testing for a unit root in variables with a double change in the mean," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 175-182, May.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiva S. Makki & Agapi Somwaru, 2004. "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment and Trade on Economic Growth: Evidence from Developing Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 795-801.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu SHENG & Yanrui WU & Xunpeng SHI & Dandan ZHANG, 2014. "Markket Integration and Energy Trade Efficiency: An Application of Malmqvist Index to Analyse Multi-Product Trade," Working Papers DP-2014-20, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Sheng, Yu & Wu, Yanrui & Shi, Xunpeng & Zhang, Dandan, 2015. "Energy trade efficiency and its determinants: A Malmquist index approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 306-314.
- Chakraborty, Debashis & Mukherjee, Jaydeep & Lee, Jaewook, 2016. "Do FDI Inflows influence Merchandise Exports? Causality Analysis on India over 1991-2016," MPRA Paper 74851, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khan, Shiraz & Mehboob, Farhan, 2014. "Impact of FDI on GDP: An Analysis of Global Economy on Production Function," MPRA Paper 55352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:era:chaptr:2013-rpr-29-06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Syed Imran Ali Meerza, 2012. "Causal links between trade, foreign direct investment and economic growth for Bangladesh," SDSU Working Papers in Progress 12012, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:62:y:2017:i:05:n:s0217590815501076 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohammed Ershad Hussain & Mahfuzul Haque, 2016. "Foreign Direct Investment, Trade, and Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis of Bangladesh," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-14, April.
- Baher Mohamed Atlam & Ahmed Ashour Soltan & Noha Mohey Mohamed, 2017. "The Impact of National Private Investment on Manufacturing in Egypt," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 192-200.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; Exports; Multivariate VAR; Pakistan; India; Malaysia; Thailand; Chile; Mexico.;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-05-29 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-FDG-2010-05-29 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-SEA-2010-05-29 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22763. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.