Modeling & Forecasting Of Macro-Economic Variables Of India: Before, During & After Recession
This paper examines the state of the Indian economy pre, during and post-recession by analysing various macro-economic factors such as GDP, exchange rate, inflation, capital markets and fiscal deficit. We forecast some of the major economic variables using ARIMA modelling and present a picture of the Indian economy in the coming years. The findings indicate that Indian economy is reviving after a slowdown during the period of global recession. It is forecasted that GDP, foreign investments, fiscal deficit and capital markets will rise in 2010-11. Furthermore, the rupee-dollar exchange rates will not change much during the same period.
Volume (Year): 6 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1(15)/ Spring 2011 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chakraborty, Lekha S., 2006.
"Fiscal deficit, capital formation, and crowding out: Evidence from India,"
06/43, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Lekha S. Chakraborty, 2007. "Fiscal Deficit, Capital Formation, and Crowding Out : Evidence from India," Working Papers id:837, eSocialSciences.
- Daga, Ugam Raj & Das, Rituparna & Maheshwari, Bhishma, 2004. "Estimation, Analysis and Projection of India’s GDP," MPRA Paper 22830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D Subbarao, 2008. "The Global Financial Turmoil and Challenges for the Indian Economy," Working Papers id:1808, eSocialSciences.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Tony Cavoli, 2006. "The Extent of Exchange Rate Flexibility in India: Basket Pegger or Closet US Dollar Pegger?," Working Papers id:424, eSocialSciences. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ush:jaessh:v:6:y:2011:i:1(15)_spring2011:p:129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.