ISEG Undergraduate Students: Determinants of Academic Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eide, Eric & Showalter, Mark H., 1998. "The effect of school quality on student performance: A quantile regression approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 345-350, March.
- Ammermuller, Andreas & Heijke, Hans & Wo[ss]mann, Ludger, 2005.
"Schooling quality in Eastern Europe: Educational production during transition,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 579-599, October.
- Ammermüller, Andreas & Heijke, Hans & Woessmann, Ludger, 2003. "Schooling Quality in Eastern Europe: Educational Production During Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 746, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ammermüller, Andreas & Heijke, Hans & Wößmann, Ludger, 2003. "Schooling Quality in Eastern Europe: Educational Production During Transition," Kiel Working Papers 1154, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ammermüller, Andreas & Heijke, Hans & Wößmann, Ludger, 2005. "Schooling quality in eastern Europe: Educational production during transition," Munich Reprints in Economics 20191, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- AmmermÃ¼ller Andreas & Heijke Hans & WÃ¶szmann Ludger, 2003. "Schooling Quality in Eastern Europe: Educational Production During Transition," ROA Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Guyonne Kalb & Sholeh A. Maani, 2007. "The Importance of Observing Early School Leaving and Usually Unobserved Background and Peer Characteristics in Analysing Academic Performance," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n05, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Stephen Machin & Sandra McNally, 2005. "Gender and Student Achievement in English Schools," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 357-372, Autumn.
- Chagas Lopes, Margarida & Medeiros, João, 2004. "School Failure and Intergenerational “Human Capital” Transmission in Portugal," MPRA Paper 26764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pronzato, Chiara, 2008.
"Why educated mothers don't make educated children? A statistical study in the intergenerational transmission of schooling,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2008-11, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Chiara Pronzato, 2008. "Why Educated Mothers don't make Educated Children? A Statistical Study in the Intergenerational Transmission of Schooling," Discussion Papers 563, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Chiara Pronzato, 2008. "Why educated mothers don't make educated children: A statistical study in the intergenerational transmission of schooling," Working Papers 005, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Chiara Pronzato, 2008. "Why Educated Mothers don’t Make Educated Children? A Statistical Study in the Intergenerational Transmission of Schooling," CHILD Working Papers wp08_08, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- C. Russell Hill & Frank P. Stafford, 1980. "Parental Care of Children: Time Diary Estimates of Quantity, Predictability, and Variety," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 15(2), pages 219-239.
- repec:eme:rlepps:v:18:y:1999:i:1999:p:115-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ermisch, John & Francesconi, Marco, 2001. "Family Matters: Impacts of Family Background on Educational Attainments," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(270), pages 137-156, May.
- David M. Blau, 1999. "The Effect Of Income On Child Development," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 261-276, May.
- Charles Ballard & Marianne Johnson, 2005. "Gender, Expectations, And Grades In Introductory Microeconomics At A Us University," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 95-122.
- Neal, Derek, 1997. "The Effects of Catholic Secondary Schooling on Educational Achievement," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 98-123, January.
- Rothstein, J.M.Jesse M., 2004. "College performance predictions and the SAT," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 297-317.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chagas Lopes, Margarida & Leao Fernandes, Graça, 2011. "Interruptions and failure in higher education: evidence from ISEG-UTL," MPRA Paper 34227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lopes, Margarida & Fernandes, Graça, 2012.
"A comprehensive approach towards academic failure: the case of Mathematics I in ISEG graduation,"
42367, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Margarida Chagas Lopes & Graça Leão Fernandes, 2012. "A comprehensive approach towards academic failure: the case of Mathematics I in ISEG graduation," Working Papers wp062012, Socius, Socio-Economics Research Centre at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG) of the Technical University of Lisbon.
- Dino Alves & Ana Balcao Reis & Carmo Seabra & Luis Catela-Nunes, 2015. "Determinants of Academic Success in Economics and Management," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 10,in: Marta Rahona López & Jennifer Graves (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 10, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 17, pages 335-356 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
More about this item
KeywordsSuccess/failure in Graduation; Examination Marks; 1st. Year Critical Subjects; Family's Social & Economic Background; Previous Schooling; Portugal;
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .