Social Assistance in Developing Countries Database Version 5.0
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1994. "Transfer Benefits from Public-Works Employment: Evidence for Rural India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1346-1369, November.
- Deon Filmer & Norbert Schady, 2008.
"Getting Girls into School: Evidence from a Scholarship Program in Cambodia,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 581-617.
- Filmer, Deon & Schady, Norbert, 2006. "Getting girls into school : evidence from a scholarship program in Cambodia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3910, The World Bank.
- Anne Case, 2004.
"Does Money Protect Health Status? Evidence from South African Pensions,"
NBER Chapters,in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 287-312
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne Case, 2001. "Does Money Protect Health Status? Evidence from South African Pensions," Working Papers 268, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Anne Case, 2001. "Does Money Protect Health Status? Evidence from South African Pensions," Working Papers 205, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Anne Case, 2001. "Does Money Protect Health Status? Evidence from South African Pensions," NBER Working Papers 8495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael Perez Ribas & Guilherme Issamu Hirata & Fabio Veras Soares, 2008. "Debating Targeting Methods for Cash Transfers: A Multidimensional Index vs. an Income Proxy for Paraguay?s Tekoporã Programme," Publications 2, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Oosterbeek, Hessel & Ponce, Juan & Schady, Norbert, 2008.
"The impact of cash transfers on school enrollment : evidence from Ecuador,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4645, The World Bank.
- Hessel Oosterbeek & Juan Ponce & Norbert Schady, 2008. "The Impact of Cash Transfers on School Enrollment: Evidence from Ecuador," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-037/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sinha, Nistha & Yoong, Joanne, 2009. "Long-term financial incentives and investment in daughters : evidence from conditional cash transfers in north India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4860, The World Bank.
- Sebastian Levine & Servaas van der Berg & Derek Yu, 2009. "Measuring the impact of social cash transfers on poverty and inequality in Namibia," Working Papers 25/2009, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Gilligan & John Hoddinott & Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, 2009.
"The Impact of Ethiopia's Productive Safety Net Programme and its Linkages,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(10), pages 1684-1706.
- Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2008. "The impact of Ethiopia's Productive Safety Net Programme and its linkages:," IFPRI discussion papers 839, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fernando Borraz & Nicolás González, 2009. "Impact of the Uruguayan Conditional Cash Transfer Program," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 46(134), pages 243-271.
- Andersson, Camilla & Mekonnen, Alemu & Stage, Jesper, 2011.
"Impacts of the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia on livestock and tree holdings of rural households,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 119-126, January.
- Andersson, Camilla & Mekonnen, Alemu & Stage, Jesper, 2009. "Impacts of the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia on Livestock and Tree Holdings of Rural Households," Discussion Papers dp-09-05-efd, Resources For the Future.
- M. Shahe Emran & Stephen C. Smith & Virginia Robano, 2009. "Assessing the Frontiers of Ultra-Poverty Reduction: Evidence from CFPR/TUP, an Innovative Program in Bangladesh," Working Papers 2009-06, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Willmore, Larry, 2007. "Universal Pensions for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 24-51, January.
- Anna McCord, 2003. "An Overview of the Performance and Potential of Public Works Programmes in South Africa," SALDRU/CSSR Working Papers 049, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A., 2002. "In-kind transfers and household food consumption," FCND briefs 134, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Avner Offer, 2017. "The Market Turn: From Social Democracy to Market Liberalism," Economics Series Working Papers 149, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- María Noel Pi Alperin, 2009. "The impact of Argentina's social assistance program plan jefes y jefas de hogar on structural poverty," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 0(Special i), pages 49-81.
- Emanuela Galasso & Martin Ravallion, 2004.
"Social Protection in a Crisis: Argentina's Plan Jefes y Jefas,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 18(3), pages 367-399.
- Galasso, Emanuela & Ravallion, Martin, 2003. "Social protection in a crisis - Argentina's Plan Jefes y Jefas," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3165, The World Bank.
- Ahmed, Akhter U. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Nasreen, Mahbuba & Hoddinott, John F. & Bryan, Elizabeth, 2009. "Comparing Food and Cash Transfers to the Ultra-Poor in Bangladesh," Research reports 163, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barham, Tania & Maluccio, John A., 2009. "Eradicating diseases: The effect of conditional cash transfers on vaccination coverage in rural Nicaragua," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 611-621, May.
- repec:eme:reinzz:s1049-258520170000025008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Norbert Schady & Maria Caridad Araujo, 2008. "Cash Transfers, Conditions, and School enrollment in Ecuador," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 43-77, January.
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Deon Filmer & Norbert Schady, 2017.
"Own and Sibling Effects of Conditional Cash Transfer Programs: Theory and Evidence from Cambodia: 1,"
Research on Economic Inequality,in: Research on Economic Inequality, volume 25, pages 259-298
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Filmer, Deon & Schady, Norbert, 2009. "Own and sibling effects of conditional cash transfer programs : theory and evidence from Cambodia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5001, The World Bank.
- Alexis Sienaert, 2008. "The Labour Supply Effects of the South African State Old Age Pension: Theory, Evidence and Implications," SALDRU Working Papers 20, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Gulesci, Selim & Rasul, Imran & Burgess, Robin, 2009.
"Community networks and poverty reduction programmes: evidence from Bangladesh,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
58054, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oriana Bandiera & Robin Burgess & Selim Gulesci & Imran Rasul, 2009. "Community Networks and PovertyReductionProgrammes: Evidence from Bangladesh," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 015, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Raghav Gaiha & Katsushi Imai, 2002. "Rural Public Works and Poverty Alleviation--the case of the employment guarantee scheme in Maharashtra," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 131-151.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2012. "Social Transfers and Growth: What Do We Know? What Do We Need to Find Out?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 11-20.
- Paola Pena & Joaquin A. Urrego & Juan M. Villa, 2015. "Civil Conflict and Antipoverty Programmes: Effects on Demobilisation," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 012748, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- cyrine hannafi & Christophe Muller, 2016. "The Poverty-Economic Growth-Health Triangle," EcoMod2016 9587, EcoMod.
- Addison Tony & Niño-Zarazúa Miguel & Singhal Saurabh & Gisselquist Rachel M., 2015.
"Needs vs expediency: Poverty reduction and social development in post-conflict countries,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tony Addison & Rachel Gisselquist & Miguel NiÃ±o-ZarazÃºa & Saurabh Singhal, 2015. "Needs vs Expediency - Poverty Reduction and Social Development in Post-Conflict Countries," Working Papers id:7371, eSocialSciences.
- Andrews, Colin & Das, Maitreyi & Elder, John & Ovadiya, Mirey & Zampaglione, Giuseppe, 2012. "Social protection in low income countries and fragile situations : challenges and future directions," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 67607, The World Bank.
- Grünewald, Aline, 2014. "Social security around the world: A review of datasets," Working papers of the ZeS 03/2014, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- Franziska Gassmann & Cecile Cherrier & Andrés Mideros Mora & Pierre Mohnen, 2013. "Making the Investment Case for Social Protection: Methodological challenges with lessons learnt from a recent study in Cambodia," Papers inwopa694, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Armando Barrientos, 2015. "Is There a Role for Social Pensions in Asia?," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 8-20, January.
- Barrientos Armando & Villa Juan Miguel, 2015.
"Evaluating Antipoverty Transfer Programmes in Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa. Better Policies? Better Politics?,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 147-179, June.
- Barrientos, Armando & Villa, Juan M., 2013. "Evaluating Antipoverty Transfer Programmes in Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa : Better Policies? Better Politics?," WIDER Working Paper Series 009, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kaisa Alavuotunki & Mika Haapanen & Jukka Pirttilä, 2017. "The Consequences of the Value-Added Tax on Inequality," CESifo Working Paper Series 6318, CESifo Group Munich.
- Barrientos, Armando & Byrne, Jasmina & Peña, Paola & Villa, Juan Miguel, 2014. "Social transfers and child protection in the South," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(P2), pages 105-112.
- Bosch, Mariano & Manacorda, Marco, 2012.
"Social policies and labor market outcomes in Latin America and the Caribbean: a review of the existing evidence,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
58003, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mariano Bosch & Marco Manacorda, 2012. "Social Policies and Labor Market Outcomes in Latin America and the Caribbean: A Review of the Existing Evidence," CEP Occasional Papers 32, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Armando Barrientos, 2016. "Inequality, Poverty, and Antipoverty Transfers," Working Papers id:11190, eSocialSciences.
- Gentilini,Ugo, 2015. "Entering the city : emerging evidence and practices with safety nets in urban areas," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 98253, The World Bank.
- Tommy Ferrarini & Kenneth Nelson & Joakim Palme, 2015. "Levels and Targeting of Social Benefits in Global Perspective: Combatting Poverty through Social Policy," LIS Working papers 647, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Barrientos, Armando & Hickey, Samuel & Hulme, David, 2012. "Social Protection in Sub-Saharan Africa: Getting the Politics Right," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 163-176.
- Stampini, Marco & Tornarolli, Leopoldo, 2012. "The Growth of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America and the Caribbean: Did They Go Too Far?," IZA Policy Papers 49, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barrientos, Armando & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel, 2011. "Social transfers and chronic poverty: objectives, design, reach and impact," MPRA Paper 30465, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armando Barrientos & Sony Pellissery, 2012. "Delivering effective social assistance: does politics matter?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series esid-009-12, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Paola Pena, 2014. "The Politics of the diffusion of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 20114, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Armando Barrientos & Jasmina Byrne & Juan Miguel Villa & Paola Peña, 2013. "Social Transfers and Child Protection," Papers inwopa691, Innocenti Working Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Protection; developing countries; Conditional Cash Transfers; Social Pensions; Workfare Programmes; database;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-09-18 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-09-18 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .