Assessing the quality of institutions’ rankings obtained through multilevel linear regression models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bruno Arpino & Roberta Varriale, 2009. "Assessing the quality of institutions' rankings obtained through multilevel linear regression models," Working Papers 019, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cora J. M. Maas & Joop J. Hox, 2004. "Robustness issues in multilevel regression analysis," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 58(2), pages 127-137.
- George Leckie & Harvey Goldstein, 2009.
"The limitations of using school league tables to inform school choice,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 172(4), pages 835-851.
- George Leckie & Harvey Goldstein, 2009. "The Limitations of Using School League Tables to Inform School Choice," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/208, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Maddala, G S, 1971. "The Use of Variance Components Models in Pooling Cross Section and Time Series Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(2), pages 341-358, March.
- Aassve, Arnstein & Arpino, Bruno, 2007. "Dynamic multi-level analysis of households' living standards and poverty: evidence from Vietnam," ISER Working Paper Series 2007-10, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ladd, Helen F. & Walsh, Randall P., 2002. "Implementing value-added measures of school effectiveness: getting the incentives right," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Sophia Rabe-Hesketh & Anders Skrondal, 2012. "Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using Stata, 3rd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 3, number mimus2, April.
- Anders Skrondal & Sophia Rabe-Hesketh, 2007. "Latent Variable Modelling: A Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 34(4), pages 712-745.
- repec:spr:stmapp:v:13:y:2004:i:3:d:10.1007_s10260-004-0087-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMultilevel models; ranking of institutions; second-level residuals distribution;
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19873. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .