Assessing The Quality Of Institutionsâ€™ Rankings Obtained Through Multilevel Linear Regression Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gottard, Anna & Rampichini, Carla, 2007. "Chain graphs for multilevel models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 312-318, February.
- Cora J. M. Maas & Joop J. Hox, 2004. "Robustness issues in multilevel regression analysis," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 58(2), pages 127-137.
- Aassve, Arnstein & Arpino, Bruno, 2007. "Dynamic multi-level analysis of households' living standards and poverty: evidence from Vietnam," ISER Working Paper Series 2007-10, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ladd, Helen F. & Walsh, Randall P., 2002. "Implementing value-added measures of school effectiveness: getting the incentives right," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-17, February.
- repec:spr:stmapp:v:13:y:2004:i:3:d:10.1007_s10260-004-0087-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- George Leckie & Harvey Goldstein, 2009.
"The limitations of using school league tables to inform school choice,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 172(4), pages 835-851.
- George Leckie & Harvey Goldstein, 2009. "The Limitations of Using School League Tables to Inform School Choice," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/208, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Maddala, G S, 1971. "The Use of Variance Components Models in Pooling Cross Section and Time Series Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(2), pages 341-358, March.
- Stephen W. Raudenbush & JDouglas Willms, 1995. "The Estimation of School Effects," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 20(4), pages 307-335, December.
- Carmen D. Tekwe & Randy L. Carter & Chang-Xing Ma & James Algina & Maurice E. Lucas & Jeffrey Roth & Mario Ariet & Thomas Fisher & Michael B. Resnick, 2004. "An Empirical Comparison of Statistical Models for Value-Added Assessment of School Performance," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 29(1), pages 11-36, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonardo Grilli & Carla Rampichini, 2015. "Specification of random effects in multilevel models: a review," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 967-976, May.
- Bruno Arpino & Arnstein Aassve, 2014. "The role of villages in households’ poverty exit: evidence from a multilevel model for rural Vietnam," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 2175-2189, July.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Contextual Effects of Education on Poverty in Malawi," MPRA Paper 75976, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis Alejandro Lopez-Agudo & Oscar David Marcenaro Gutierrez, 2016. "Identifying effective teachers: The case study of Spain," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 11,in: José Manuel Cordero Ferrera & Rosa Simancas Rodríguez (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 11, edition 1, volume 11, chapter 18, pages 349-366 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
More about this item
Keywordseffectiveness; multilevel models; ranking of institutions; second-level residuals distribution;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ush:jaessh:v:5:y:2010:i:5(1)_spring2010:p:88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fmuspro.html .