South-South Migration and Human Development: Reflections on African Experiences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, J Edward & Rozelle, Scott & de Brauw, Alan, 2003. "Migration and Incomes in Source Communities: A New Economics of Migration Perspective from China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 75-101, October.
- Stark, Oded & Lucas, Robert E B, 1988. "Migration, Remittances, and the Family," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 465-481, April.
- Kate Hampshire, 2002. "Fulani on the Move: Seasonal Economic Migration in the Sahel as a Social Process," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 15-36.
- Wouterse, Fleur & Taylor, J. Edward, 2008.
"Migration and Income Diversification:: Evidence from Burkina Faso,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 625-640, April.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Wouterse, Fleur, 2006. "Migration and Income Diversification Evidence from Burkina Faso," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25379, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wouterse, Fleur & Taylor, J. Edward, 2006. "Migration and Income Diversification Evidence from Burkina Faso," Working Papers 190914, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Michael Clemens, 2007. "Do Visas Kill? Health Effects of African Health Professional Emigration," Working Papers 114, Center for Global Development.
- Lipton, Michael, 1980. "Migration from rural areas of poor countries: The impact on rural productivity and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
- F. Berkhout, 1999. "Essay," Energy & Environment, , vol. 10(2), pages 209-212, March.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Stark, Oded, 1989.
"Consumption Smoothing, Migration, and Marriage: Evidence from Rural India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 905-926, August.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Stark, Oded, 1987. "Consumption Smoothing, Migration and Marriage: Evidence from Rural India," Bulletins 7515, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Stark, Oded, 1984. "Rural-to-Urban Migration in LDCs: A Relative Deprivation Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(3), pages 475-486, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kevin D. Deane & Deborah Johnston & Justin O. Parkhurst, 2013. "Migration as a Tool in Development Policy: Caution Ahead?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(6), pages 759-771, June.
- Bakewell Oliver, 2009. "Migration, Diasporas and Development: Some Critical Perspectives," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 229(6), pages 787-802, December.
- Van Hear, Nicholas & Brubaker, Rebecca & Bessa, Thais, 2009. "Managing mobility for human development: the growing salience of mixed migration," MPRA Paper 19202, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:popdev:v:44:y:2018:i:3:p:589-622 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isabel Ortiz & Matthew Cummins, 2012. "L’Inégalité Mondiale: La Répartition des Revenus dans 141 Pays," Working papers 1103, UNICEF,Division of Policy and Strategy.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; South-South migration; Africa; Human development;
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-12-19 (Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2009-12-19 (Development)
- NEP-HRM-2009-12-19 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MIG-2009-12-19 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.