Report NEP-AFR-2009-12-19This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Przemyslaw Kowalski & Ralph Lattimore & Novella Bottini, 2009. "South Africa's Trade and Growth," OECD Trade Policy Papers 91, OECD Publishing.
- Black, Richard & Sward, Jon, 2009. "Migration, Poverty Reduction Strategies and Human Development," MPRA Paper 19222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enowbi Batuo, Michael & Fabro, Gema, 2009. "Economic Development, Institutional Quality and Regional integration: Evidence from Africa Countries," MPRA Paper 19069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Landau, Loren B. & Segatti, Aurelia Wa Kabwe, 2009. "Human Development Impacts of Migration: South Africa Case Study," MPRA Paper 19182, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kohnert, Dirk, 2009. "Democratisation via elections in an African 'narco state'? The case of Guinea-Bissau," MPRA Paper 19109, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Molly E. Brown & Nathaniel Higgins & Beat Hintermann, 2009. "A Model of West African Millet Prices in Rural Markets," CEPE Working paper series 09-69, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Bakewell, Oliver, 2009. "South-South Migration and Human Development: Reflections on African Experiences," MPRA Paper 19185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Luc Savard & Bernice E. Savy, 2009. "Human Capital And Growth: New Evidences From African Data," Cahiers de recherche 09-24, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Martine Mariotti & Juergen Meinecke, 2009. "Nonparametric Bounds on Returns to Education in South Africa: Overcoming Ability and Selection Bias," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2009-510, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Batuo Enowbi, Michael & Guidi, Francesco & Mlambo, Kupukile, 2009. "Testing the weak-form market efficiency and the day of the week effects of some African countries," MPRA Paper 19116, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kinda, Tidiane, 2009. "Foreign ownership, sales to multinationals, and firm efficiency: The Case of Brazil, Morocco, Pakistan, South Africa, and Vietnam," MPRA Paper 19160, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miguel, Edward & Hamory, Joan, 2009. "Individual Ability and Selection into Migration in Kenya," MPRA Paper 19228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Fearon & Macartan Humphreys & Jeremy Weinstein, 2009. "Development Assistance, Institution Building, and Social Cohesion after Civil War: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Liberia," Working Papers 194, Center for Global Development.
- Murinde, Victor & Zhao, Tianshu, 2009. "Bank competition, risk taking and productive efficiency: Evidence from Nigeria's banking reform experiments," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-23, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Bentry Mkwara & Dan Marsh, 2009. "The Links between Poverty and the Environment in Malawi," Working Papers in Economics 09/10, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Cavalcanti, Carlos, 2009. "Estimating the fiscal costs of implementing Ghana's single pay spine reform," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5150, The World Bank.