The Links between Poverty and the Environment in Malawi
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McCann, Philip, 2001. "Urban and Regional Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776451.
- Hyde, William F & Amacher, Gregory S & Magrath, William, 1996. "Deforestation and Forest Land Use: Theory, Evidence, and Policy Implications," The World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 223-248, August.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2001. "Population, Tenure, and Natural Resource Management: The Case of Customary Land Area in Malawi," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 13-32, January.
- Angelsen, Arild, 2007. "Forest cover change in space and time : combining the von Thunen and forest transition theories," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4117, The World Bank.
- Coxhead, Ian & Jayasuriya, Sisira, 2004. "Development strategy and trade liberalization: implications for poverty and environment in the Philippines," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(5), pages 613-644, October.
- Lã“Pez, Ramã“N, 2000. "Trade reform and environmental externalities in general equilibrium: analysis for an archetype poor tropical country," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 377-404, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wadjamsse Djezou, 2016. "Land Tenure Security and Deforestation: A case Study of Forest land conversion to Perennial crops in CÃ´te d'Ivoire," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(1), pages 173-186.
- Tetsuya Michinaka, 2018. "Approximating Forest Resource Dynamics in Peninsular Malaysia Using Parametric and Nonparametric Models, and Its Implications for Establishing Forest Reference (Emission) Levels under REDD+," Land, MDPI, vol. 7(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Indarto, Jarot & Mutaqin, Dadang J., 2016. "An overview of theoretical and empirical studies on deforestation," MPRA Paper 70178, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Belcher, Brian & Achdiawan, Ramadhani & Dewi, Sonya, 2015. "Forest-Based Livelihoods Strategies Conditioned by Market Remoteness and Forest Proximity in Jharkhand, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 269-279.
- Chris D. Arnot & Martin K. Luckert & Peter C. Boxall, 2011. "What Is Tenure Security? Conceptual Implications for Empirical Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(2), pages 297-311.
- Gregory S. Amacher & Erkki Koskela & Markku Ollikainen, 2004. "Deforestation, Production Intensity and Land Use under Insecure Property Rights," CESifo Working Paper Series 1128, CESifo.
- Carl Gaigné & Jacques-François Thisse, 2013.
"New Economic Geography and the City,"
Working Papers SMART
13-02, INRAE UMR SMART.
- Gaigné, Carl & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2013. "New Economic Geography and the City," Working Papers 207859, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Gaigné, Carl & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2019. "New Economic Geography and the City," CEPR Discussion Papers 13638, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carl Gaigné & Jacques-François Thisse, 2013. "New economic geography and the city," Working Papers hal-01208856, HAL.
- Ioannou, Stefanos & Wójcik, Dariusz & Pažitka, Vladimír, 2021. "Financial centre bias in sub-sovereign credit ratings," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Gerrit van der Pol, 2008. "Urban economic (re)development after declining base industries: a comparison between Emmen (NL) and Durham, North Carolina (USA)," NEURUS papers neurusp131, NEURUS - Network of European and US Regional and Urban Studies.
- Daniel Ayalew Ali & Stefan Dercon & Madhur Gautam, 2011.
"Property rights in a very poor country: tenure insecurity and investment in Ethiopia,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(1), pages 75-86, January.
- Stefan Dercon & Daniel Ayalew & The World Bank & Madhur Gautam & The World Bank, 2005. "Property Rights in a Very Poor Country: Tenure Insecurity and Investment in Ethiopia," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-021, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Dercon, Stefan & Gautam, Madhur, 2007. "Property rights in a very poor country : tenure insecurity and investment in Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4363, The World Bank.
- Kelly Sharp & Hisham Zerriffi & Philippe Billon, 2020. "Land scarcity, resettlement and food security: Assessing the effect of voluntary resettlement on diet quality in Malawi," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 12(1), pages 191-205, February.
- Pauline Peters & Daimon Kambewa, 2007. "Whose Security? Deepening Social Conflict over ‘Customary’ Land in the Shadow of Land Tenure Reform in Malawi," CID Working Papers 142, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Wehkamp, Johanna & Aquino, André & Fuss, Sabine & Reed, Erik W., 2015. "Analyzing the perception of deforestation drivers by African policy makers in light of possible REDD+ policy responses," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 7-18.
- Raghavan, Roopali & Shrimali, Gireesh, 2015. "Forest cover increase in India: The role of policy and markets," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 70-76.
- Alejandro López-Feldman, 2012.
"Deforestación en México: Un análisis preliminar,"
DTE 527, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Lopez-Feldman, Alejandro, 2012. "Deforestación en México: Un análisis preliminar [Deforestation in Mexico: A preliminary analysis]," MPRA Paper 39082, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shunji Oniki & Melaku Berhe & Teklay Negash, 2020. "Role of Social Norms in Natural Resource Management: The Case of the Communal Land Distribution Program in Northern Ethiopia," Land, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-17, January.
- Dalina-Maria ANDREI, 2015. "Clusters - Theoretical and Policy Approach," Eco-Economics Review, Ecological University of Bucharest, Economics Faculty and Ecology and Environmental Protection Faculty, vol. 1(1), pages 44-51, June.
- Florencia Garcia-Vicente & Daniel Garcia-Swartz & Martin Campbell-Kelly, 2017. "Information technology clusters and regional growth in America, 1970–1980," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1021-1046, April.
- Chih-Hao Wang, 2020. "Does compact development promote a seismic-resistant city? Application of seismic-damage statistical models to Taichung, Taiwan," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 47(1), pages 84-101, January.
- Ferhan Gezici & BurÃ§in Yazgı & Sinem Metin, 2013. "Analyzing the determinants of agglomeration for the manufacturing industry in Turkey," ERSA conference papers ersa13p808, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; environment; agriculture; deforestation; Malawi;
All these keywords.
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-12-19 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-12-19 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2009-12-19 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2009-12-19 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:econwp:09/10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Geua Boe-Gibson (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.