Health Care and Health Outcomes of Migrants: Evidence from Portugal
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pedro Pita Barros & Isabel Medalho Pereira, 2010. "Health Care and Health Outcomes of Migrants: Evidence from Portugal," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2010_04, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Pedro Pita Barros & Isabel Medalho Pereira, 2009. "Health Care and Health Outcomes of Migrants: Evidence from Portugal," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-28, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Jul 2009.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores, 2009.
"A comparison of the health status and health care utilization patterns between foreigners and the national population in Spain: New evidence from the Spanish National Health Survey,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 370-378, August.
- Hernández Quevedo, C & Jiménez Rubio, D, 2008. "A comparison of the health status and health care utilisation patterns between foreigners and the national population in Spain: new evidence from the Spanish National Health Survey," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/22, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Heather Antecol & Kelly Bedard, 2006.
"Unhealthy assimilation: Why do immigrants converge to American health status levels?,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 43(2), pages 337-360, May.
- Antecol, Heather & Bedard, Kelly, 2005. "Unhealthy Assimilation: Why Do Immigrants Converge to American Health Status Levels?," IZA Discussion Papers 1654, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Timothy J. Halliday, 2008.
"Heterogeneity, state dependence and health,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 11(3), pages 499-516, November.
- Timothy J Halliday, 2005. "Heterogeneity, State Dependence and Health," Working Papers 200503, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Halliday, Timothy J., 2008. "Heterogeneity, State Dependence and Health," IZA Discussion Papers 3463, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Timothy J. Halliday, 2007. "Heterogeneity, State Dependence and Health," Working Papers 200716, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Timothy J. Halliday & Michael Kimmitt, 2007. "Selective Migration and Health," Working Papers 200720, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Stillman, Steven & McKenzie, David & Gibson, John, 2009.
"Migration and mental health: Evidence from a natural experiment,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 677-687, May.
- Steven Stillman & David McKenzie & John Gibson, 2006. "Migration and Mental Health: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Working Papers in Economics 06/04, University of Waikato.
- Stillman, Steven & McKenzie, David & Gibson, John, 2007. "Migration and mental health : evidence from a natural experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4138, The World Bank.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Steven Stillman, 2006. "Migration and mental health: Evidence from a natural experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00334, The Field Experiments Website.
- Steven Kennedy & James Ted McDonald & Nicholas Biddle, 2006. "The Healthy Immigrant Effect and Immigrant Selection: Evidence from Four Countries," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 164, McMaster University.
- Booth, Alison L. & Carroll, Nick, 2005.
"The Health Status of Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Australians,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1534, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alison Booth & Nick Carroll, 2005. "The Health Status of Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Australians," CEPR Discussion Papers 486, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Guillermina Jasso & Douglas S. Massey & Mark R. Rosenzweig & James P. Smith, 2004. "Immigrant Health--Selectivity and Acculturation," Labor and Demography 0412002, EconWPA.
- Aïda Solé-Auró & Eileen M.Crimmins, 2008. "Health of Immigrants in European countries," IREA Working Papers 200809, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jun 2008.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuliana Luca & Michela Ponzo & Antonio Andrés, 2013. "Health care utilization by immigrants in Italy," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Nádia Simões & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira & Celeste A. Varum, 2016.
"Measurement and determinants of health poverty and richness: evidence from Portugal,"
Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1331-1358, June.
- Nádia Simões & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira & Celeste A. Varum, 2013. "Measurement and Determinants of Health Poverty and Richness – Evidence from Portugal," Working Papers Series 2 13-08, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; health status; health care; healthy immigrant effect; Portugal;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2009-12-19 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HEA-2009-12-19 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2009-12-19 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .