A Comparison among the director networks in the main listed companies in France, Germany, Italy, and the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eliezer M. Fich & Anil Shivdasani, 2006. "Are Busy Boards Effective Monitors?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 689-724, April.
- Cotter, James F. & Shivdasani, Anil & Zenner, Marc, 1997. "Do independent directors enhance target shareholder wealth during tender offers?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 195-218, February.
- Dooley, Peter C, 1969. "The Interlocking Directorate," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 314-323, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gualdani, Cristina, 2018. "An Econometric Model of Network Formation with an Application to Board Interlocks between Firms," TSE Working Papers 17-898, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Jul 2019.
- Carlos Drago & Francesco Millo & Roberto Ricciuti & Paolo Santella, 2011. "Corporate Governance Reforms, Interlocking Directorship Networks and Company Value in Italy (1998-2007)," CESifo Working Paper Series 3322, CESifo.
- Juan Antonio Rubio Mondéjar & Josean Garrués Irurzun, 2012. "Estructura corporativa e interlocking directorates en las mayores empresas españolas, 1917-1970," FEG Working Paper Series 01/12, Faculty of Economics and Business (University of Granada).
- Fausto Bonacina & Marco D’Errico & Enrico Moretto & Silvana Stefani & Anna Torriero & Giovanni Zambruno, 2015.
"A multiple network approach to corporate governance,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 1585-1595, July.
- Fausto Bonacina & Marco D'Errico & Enrico Moretto & Silvana Stefani & Anna Torriero, 2014. "A Multiple Network Approach to Corporate Governance," Papers 1401.4387, arXiv.org, revised May 2014.
- Kai JÃ¤ger, 2013. "Sources of Franco-German corporate support for the euro: The effects of business network centrality and political connections," European Union Politics, , vol. 14(1), pages 115-139, March.
- Carlo Drago & Livia Amidani Aliberti & Davide Carbonai, 2014.
"Measuring Gender Differences in Information Sharing Using Network Analysis: the Case of the Austrian Interlocking Directorship Network in 2009,"
2014.61, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Drago, Carlo & Amidani Aliberti, Livia & Carbonai, Davide, 2014. "Measuring Gender Differences in Information Sharing Using Network Analysis: the Case of the Austrian Interlocking Directorship Network in 2009," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 178241, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Kai Jäger, 2017. "Studies on Issues in Political Economy since the Global Financial Crisis," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 71.
- Carlo Drago & Roberto Ricciuti & Paolo Santella, 2015.
"An Attempt to Disperse the Italian Interlocking Directorship Network: Analyzing the Effects of the 2011 Reform,"
2015.82, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Drago, Carlo & Ricciuti, Roberto & Santella, Paolo, 2016. "An Attempt to Disperse the Italian Interlocking Directorship Network: Analyzing the Effects of the 2011 Reform," Economy and Society 230584, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Carlo Drago & Roberto Ricciuti & Paolo Santella, 2015. "An Attempt to Disperse the Italian Interlocking Directorship Network: Analyzing the Effects of the 2011 Reform," Working Papers 11/2015, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Lucrezia Fattobene & Marco Caiffa & Emiliano Di Carlo, 2018. "Interlocking directorship across Italian listed companies: evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 22(2), pages 393-425, June.
- Davide Carbonai & Carlo Drago, 2015.
"Positive Freedom in Networked Capitalism: An Empirical Analysis,"
2015.75, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Carbonai, Davide & Drago, Carlo, 2015. "Positive Freedom in Networked Capitalism: An Empirical Analysis," Economy and Society 208364, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Lucia Bellenzier & Rosanna Grassi, 2014. "Interlocking directorates in Italy: persistent links in network dynamics," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 9(2), pages 183-202, October.
- Gian Paolo Clemente & Marco Fattore & Rosanna Grassi, 2018. "Structural comparisons of networks and model-based detection of small-worldness," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 13(1), pages 117-141, April.
- Maria Rosa, Battaggion & Vittoria, Cerasi, 2018. "Endogenous interlocking directorates," Working Papers 380, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 01 May 2018.
- Rosanna Grassi & Marco Fattore & Alberto Arcagni, 2015. "Structural and non-structural temporal evolution of socio-economic real networks," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 1597-1608, July.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate governance; interlocking directorships; antitrust; competition; social network analysis (SNA); exploratory data analysis (EDA); empirical corporate finance;
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2009-07-28 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.