Pricing for Scarcity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henrique Monteiro, 2005. "Water Pricing Models: a survey," Others 0510002, EconWPA.
- Brown,Stephen J. & Sibley,David Sumner, 1986. "The Theory of Public Utility Pricing," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314008, Fall.
- Monteiro, Henrique & Roseta-Palma, Catarina, 2007.
"Caracterização dos tarifários de abastecimento de água e saneamento em Portugal
[Portuguese Water Supply and Sewage Tariffs Report]," MPRA Paper 4238, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James E. T. Moncur & Richard L. Pollock, 1988. "Scarcity Rents for Water: A Valuation and Pricing Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(1), pages 62-72.
- Mark Hoffmann & Andrew Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2006.
"Urban water demand with fixed volumetric charging in a large municipality: the case of Brisbane, Australia ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), pages 347-359, September.
- Hoffmann, Mark & Worthington, Andrew & Higgs, Helen, 2006. "Urban water demand with fixed volumetric charging in a large municipality: the case of Brisbane, Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), September.
- Schuck, Eric C. & Green, Gareth P., 2002. "Supply-based water pricing in a conjunctive use system: implications for resource and energy use," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 175-192, June.
- Anne Briand, 2006. "Marginal Cost Versus Average Cost Pricing with Climatic Shocks in Senegal: A Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Model Applied to Water," Working Papers 2006.144, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jihad Elnaboulsi, 2001. "Nonlinear pricing and capacity planning for water and wastewater services," Post-Print hal-00447925, HAL.
- J. Elnaboulsi, 2001. "Nonlinear Pricing and Capacity Planning for Water and Wastewater Services," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 15(1), pages 55-69, February.
- Wilson, Robert, 1997. "Nonlinear Pricing," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195115826.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SidibÃ©, Amadou, 2010. "Demand for soil, water and forest conservation in Burkina Faso," Department of Forest Economics publications 2345, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of forest economics.
- Henrique Monteiro, 2010. "Residential Water Demand in Portugal: checking for efficiency-based justifications for increasing block tariffs," Working Papers Series 1 ercwp0110, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Robert W. Adler, 2010. "Drought, Sustainability, and the Law," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(7), pages 1-21, July.
- Hugh Sibly & Richard Tooth, 2014. "The consequences of using increasing block tariffs to price urban water," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(2), pages 223-243, April.
- Li, Yao & Fan, Jin & Zhao, Dingtao & Wu, Yanrui & Li, Jun, 2016.
"Tiered gasoline pricing: A personal carbon trading perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 194-201.
- Yao Li & Jin Fan & Dingtao Zhao & Yanrui Wu & Jun Li, 2016. "Tiered Gasoline Pricing: A Personal Carbon Trading Perspective," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 16-02, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Yerushalmi, Erez, 2012. "Measuring the administrative water allocation mechanism and agricultural amenities," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 992, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- repec:uwp:landec:v:94:y:2018:i:2:p:259-283 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rita Martins & Carlota Quintal & Eduardo Barata & Luís Cruz, 2010. "Water Pricing and Social Equity in Portuguese Municipalities," GEMF Working Papers 2010-17, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Pinto, Francisco Silva & Marques, Rui Cuhna, 2015. "Tariff recommendations: A Panacea for the Portuguese water sector?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 36-44.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova & Tomas Vlach, 2018.
"Measuring the Income Elasticity of Water Demand: The Importance of Publication and Endogeneity Biases,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 94(2), pages 259-283.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova & Tomas Vlach, 2017. "Measuring the Income Elasticity of Water Demand: The Importance of Publication and Endogeneity Biases," Working Papers IES 2017/02, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Feb 2017.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & White, Katherine & Smith, Wm. Doyle & Walke, Adam G., 2012. "An Empirical Analysis of Halifax Municipal Water Consumption," MPRA Paper 54113, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Mar 2013.
- Rita Martins & Luis Cruz & Eduardo Barata, 2013. "Water Price Regulation: A Review of Portuguese Tariff Recommendations," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 197-205, June.
- Francisco Silva Pinto & Rui Cunha Marques, 2016. "Tariff Suitability Framework for Water Supply Services," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(6), pages 2037-2053, April.
- Nuno Teles, 2015. "Financialisation and neoliberalism; The case of water provision in Portugal," Working papers wpaper102, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Rita Martins & Carlota Quintal & Ana Pimentel, 2009. "Equidade: a chave para explicar os tarifários de água em Portugal?," Notas Económicas, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra, issue 29, pages 41-53, June.
- Griffin, Ronald C. & Mjelde, James W., 2011. "Distributing water's bounty," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 116-128.
More about this item
Keywordswater pricing; nonlinear pricing; increasing block tariffs; water scarcity;
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.