Scarcity Rents for Water: A Valuation and Pricing Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Roumasset & Christopher Wada, 2012. "The Economics of Groundwater," Working Papers 2012-4, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Smith, Rodney B. W. & Roumasset, James, 2000.
"Constrained conjunctive-use for endogenously separable water markets: managing the Waihole-Waikane aqueduct,"
Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 61-71, December.
- Rodney B.W. Smith & James A Roumasset, 2000. "Constrained Conjunctive -Use for Endogenously Separable Water Markets: Managing the Waihole- Waikane Aqueduct," Working Papers 200006, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Glyn Wittwer, 2013. "Urban Water Management in Response to Prolonged Droughts and Urban Growth," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(1), pages 41-50, March.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Michael Hanemann, W. & Stavins, Robert N., 2007. "Water demand under alternative price structures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 181-198, September.
- Chu, Long & Grafton, R.Quentin, 2020. "Water pricing and the value-add of irrigation water in Vietnam: Insights from a crop choice model fitted to a national household survey," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 228(C).
- Long Chu & R. Quentin Grafton, 2019. "Policy Note: "Short-term Pain for Long-term Gain: Urban Water Pricing and the Risk-adjusted User Cost"," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(02), pages 1-14, April.
- Viju Ipe & Subhash Bhagwat, 2002. "Chicago's water market: dynamics of demand, prices and scarcity rents," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(17), pages 2157-2163.
- Mohamed Salah Matoussi & Wided Mattoussi, 2010. "On the Design of Total Water Use-Based Incentive Schemes for Sustainable Groundwater Management," Working Papers 575, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 Jan 2010.
- Henrique Monteiro, 2005. "Water Pricing Models: a survey," Others 0510002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Athanasios Kampas & Stelios Rozakis, 2017. "On the Scarcity Value of Irrigation Water: Juxtaposing Two Market Estimating Approaches," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 31(4), pages 1257-1269, March.
- Pulido-Velazquez, Manuel & Andreu, Joaquin & Sahuquillo, Andrés & Pulido-Velazquez, David, 2008. "Hydro-economic river basin modelling: The application of a holistic surface-groundwater model to assess opportunity costs of water use in Spain," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 51-65, May.
- Wided Mattoussi & Paul Seabright, 2014.
"Cooperation against Theft: A Test of Incentives for Water Management in Tunisia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(1), pages 124-153.
- Wided Mattoussi & Paul Seabright, 2009. "Cooperation Against Theft - A Test of Incentives for Water Management in Tunisia," Working Papers 491, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2009.
- W. Pfaffenberger & U. Scheele, 1992. "Environmental aspects of water price formation. An empirical investigation of the cost of ground water protection," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(3), pages 323-339, May.
- Roseta-Palma, Catarina & Monteiro, Henrique, 2008. "Pricing for Scarcity," MPRA Paper 10384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simon Porcher, 2014.
"Efficiency and equity in two-part tariffs: the case of residential water rates,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(5), pages 539-555, February.
- Simon Porcher, 2013. "Efficiency and equity in two-part tariffs: the case of residential water rates," Post-Print halshs-01985238, HAL.
- Stavins, Robert & Hanemann, W. Michael & Olmstead, Sheila, 2005.
"Do Consumers React to the Shape of Supply? Water Demand under Heterogeneous Price Structures,"
dp-05-29, Resources For the Future.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Hanemann, W. Michael & Stavins, Robert N., 2005. "Do Consumers React to the Shape of Supply? Water Demand under Heterogeneous Price Structures," Discussion Papers 10672, Resources for the Future.
- Olmstead, Sheila & Hanemann, Michael & Stavins, Robert, 2005. "Do Consumers React to the Shape of Supply? Water Demand Under Heterogeneous Price Structures," Working Paper Series rwp05-039, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Bowen, Richard L. & Moncur, James E.T. & Pollock, Richard L., 1989. "Reform of Water Institutions and Rent Creation: The Hawaii Case," 1989 Annual Meeting, July 9-12, 1989, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 244974, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Simon Porcher, 2019. "Water Taxes and Consumer Behavior in France," Working Papers hal-02145848, HAL.
- repec:hae:wpaper:2012-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Athanasios Kampas & Anna Vasilaki & Athanasios Petsakos & Angeliki Stefopoulou, 2013. "Irrigation Full Cost Assessment: The case of the Pinios Local Organization for Land Reclamation, Greece," Working Papers 2013-1, Agricultural University of Athens, Department Of Agricultural Economics.
- Sheila M. Olmstead, 2010. "The Economics of Managing Scarce Water Resources," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 179-198, Summer.
- Kimberly Burnett & James Roumasset & Christopher Wada, 2014. "Cost Optimal Joint Management of Interdependent Resources: Groundwater vs. Kiawe (Prosopis pallida)," Working Papers 2014-6, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Friedman, A., 2010. "Water-Saving Technology and Efficient Tariffs," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 8, pages 35-53.
- Hearne, Robert R. & William Easter, K., 1997. "The economic and financial gains from water markets in Chile," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 187-199, January.
- Alla Fridman, 2015. "Water pricing reform analysis: alternative scenarios," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 258-266, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:64:y:1988:i:1:p:62-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.