Water-Saving Technology and Efficient Tariffs
Dynamic model of efficient allocation of water with three sources of water supply (groundwater, surface water and the recycling technology with limited capacity) is constructed and analyzed. It is shown that in case of binding capacity constraint we can abandon the use of groundwater at some moment and then revert to it some time in future. Efficient path could be decentralized under suitable water tariffs. Comparative analyses of water tariffs for the two users that differ only in terms of the availability of recycling technology are undertaken.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Swierzbinski, Joseph E & Mendelsohn, Robert, 1989. "Exploration and Exhaustible Resources: The Microfoundations of Aggregate Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(1), pages 175-86, February.
- James E. T. Moncur & Richard L. Pollock, 1988. "Scarcity Rents for Water: A Valuation and Pricing Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(1), pages 62-72.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Magné, Bertrand & Moreaux, Michel, 2005.
"A Hotelling Model with a Ceiling on the Stock of Pollution,"
IDEI Working Papers
368, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Magne, Bertrand & Moreaux, Michel, 2006. "A Hotelling model with a ceiling on the stock of pollution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2875-2904, December.
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Bertrand Magne & Michel Moreaux, 2003. "A Hotelling Model with a Ceiling on the Stock of Pollution," Emory Economics 0321, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Bertrand Magne & Michel Moreaux, 2006. "A Hotelling model with a ceiling on the stock of pollution," Working Papers 25547, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Jihad Elnaboulsi, 2009. "An Incentive Water Pricing Policy for Sustainable Water Use," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(4), pages 451-469, April.
- Zarnikau, Jay, 1994. "Spot market pricing of water resources and efficient means of rationing water during scarcity (water pricing)," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 189-210, August.
- Levhari, David & Pindyck, Robert S, 1981. "The Pricing of Durable Exhaustible Resources," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 96(3), pages 365-77, August.
- Noel, Michael, 1978. "Resource extraction and recycling with environmental costs," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 220-235, September.
- David Zilberman, 1997. "Allocation and Pricing at the Water District Level," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 952-963.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Umetsu, Chieko, 2003. "Basinwide water management: a spatial model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Schuck, Eric C. & Green, Gareth P., 2002. "Supply-based water pricing in a conjunctive use system: implications for resource and energy use," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 175-192, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2010:i:8:p:35-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.