Nesting Vertical and Horizontal Differentiation in Two-Sided Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vitor Miguel Ribeiro & João Correia-da-Silva & Joana Resende, 2016. "Nesting Vertical And Horizontal Differentiation In Two-Sided Markets," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(S1), pages 133-145, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daughety, Andrew F. & Reinganum, Jennifer F., 2007.
"Competition and confidentiality: Signaling quality in a duopoly when there is universal private information,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 94-120, January.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2004. "Competition and Confidentiality: Signaling Quality in a Duopoly when there is Universal Private Information," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0417, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Griva, Krina & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2011.
"Price competition in a differentiated products duopoly under network effects,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 85-97, March.
- Griva, Krina & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2004. "Price Competition in a Differentiated Products Duopoly Under Network Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 4574, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rabah Amir & Jean Gabszewicz & Joana Resende, 2014.
"Thematic Clubs and the Supremacy of Network Externalities,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 16(5), pages 706-729, October.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & RESENDE, Joana, 2007. "Thematic clubs and the supremacy of network externalities," CORE Discussion Papers 2007073, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Irmen, Andreas & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1998.
"Competition in Multi-characteristics Spaces: Hotelling Was Almost Right,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 76-102, January.
- Andreas IRMEN & Jean-François THISSE, 1996. "Competition in Multi-Characteristics Spaces: Hotelling Was Almost Right," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9613, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Irmen, Andreas & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1996. "Competition in Multi-characteristics Spaces: Hotelling was Almost Right," CEPR Discussion Papers 1446, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- IRMEN, Andreas & THISSE, Jacques-Francois, 1997. "Competition in multi-characteristics spaces: hotelling was almost right," CORE Discussion Papers 1997053, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Irmen, A. & Thisse, J.-F., 1998. "Competition in multi-characteristics spaces: Hotelling was almost right," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1305, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Wauthy, Xavier Y., 2012. "Nesting horizontal and vertical differentiation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 998-1002.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1989.
"Optimal Contracts with Lock-In,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 51-68, March.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1987. "Optimal Contracts with Lock-In," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt19f324hf, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1987. "Optimal Contracts with Lock-In," Economics Working Papers 8758, University of California at Berkeley.
- Konstantinos Serfes & Eleftherios Zacharias, 2009. "Location Decisions of Competing Platforms," Working Papers 09-18, NET Institute, revised Aug 2009.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1986. "Market share inertia with more than two firms : An existence problem," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 77-79.
- Joana Resende, 2008.
"The Economic Advantage of Being the “Voice of the Majority”,"
Journal of Media Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 158-190.
- RESENDE, Joana, 2007. "The economic advantage of “being the voice of the majority”," CORE Discussion Papers 2007028, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Brandão, António & Correia-da-Silva, João & Pinho, Joana, 2014. "Spatial competition between shopping centers," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 234-250.
- Rossella Argenziano, 2008. "Differentiated networks: equilibrium and efficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(3), pages 747-769.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1993. "Quality variations in the circular model of variety-differentiated products," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 235-257, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Debora Di Gioacchino & Alina Verashchagina, 2017. "Mass media and attitudes to inequality," Working Papers 178, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Nestor Duch-Brown, 2017. "Quality discrimination in online multi-sided markets," JRC Working Papers on Digital Economy 2017-06, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsTwo-sided markets; Horizontal differentiation; Vertical differentiation;
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2014-05-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2014-05-24 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2014-05-24 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .