Educational Reform in Developing Countries: Private Involvement and Partnerships
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blank, Rebecca M, 2000.
"When Can Public Policy Makers Rely on Private Markets? The Effective Provision of Social Services,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 34-49, March.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1999. "When Can Public Policy Makers Rely on Private Markets? The Effective Provision of Social Services," NBER Working Papers 7099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harry Anthony Patrinos & Shobhana Sosale, 2007. "Mobilizing the Private Sector for Public Education : A View from the Trenches," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6756, June.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2002.
"Vouchers for Private Schooling in Colombia: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1535-1558, December.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2001. "Vouchers for Private Schooling in Colombia: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment," NBER Working Papers 8343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2002. "Vouchers for private schooling in colombia: Evidence from a randomized natural experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00203, The Field Experiments Website.
- King, Elizabeth M & Orazem, Peter F & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 1999.
"Central Mandates and Local Incentives: The Colombia Education Voucher Program,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(3), pages 467-491, September.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Orazem, Peter & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 1999. "Central Mandates and Local Incentives: The Colombia Education Voucher Program," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1708, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Lockheed, Marlaine E & Paqueo, Vicente, 1991. "The Relative Efficiency of Private and Public Schools in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 205-218, July.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2009. "Outsourcing And Public Sector Efficiency: How Effective Is Outsourcing In Dealing With Impure Public Goods?," FEP Working Papers 329, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Helen F. Ladd, 2002. "School Vouchers: A Critical View," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 3-24, Fall.
- Roland N. McKean & Jacquelene M. Browning, 1975. "Externalities from Government and Non-Profit Sectors," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 8(4), pages 574-590, November.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-261, October.
- Santosh Mehrotra, 2006. "Governance and basic social services: ensuring accountability in service delivery through deep democratic decentralization," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 263-283.
- Pallab Mozumder & Nafisa Halim, 2006. "Social capital fostering human capital: the role of community participation in primary school management in Bangladesh," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 151-162.
- Sarah Lister, 2000. "Power in partnership? An analysis of an NGO's relationships with its partners," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 227-239.
- Chang-Tai Hsieh & Miguel Urquiola, 2003. "When Schools Compete, How Do They Compete? An Assessment of Chile's Nationwide School Voucher Program," NBER Working Papers 10008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Nechyba, 2000. "Mobility, Targeting, and Private-School Vouchers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 130-146, March.
- Jean-Etienne de Bettignies & Thomas W. Ross, 2004. "The Economics of Public-Private Partnerships," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 30(2), pages 135-154, June.
- James, Estelle, 1987. "The public/private division of responsibility for education: An international comparison," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Henry M. Levin, 1998. "Educational vouchers: Effectiveness, choice, and costs," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 373-392.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2008. "Public-Private Sector Partnerships In Developing Countries: Are Infrastructures Responding To The New Oda Strategy," FEP Working Papers 266, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fatima Hafeez & Adnan Haider & Naeem uz Zafar, 2016.
"Impact of Public-Private-Partnership Programmes on Students’ Learning Outcomes: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 55(4), pages 955-1017.
- Hafeez, Fatima & Haider, Adnan & Zafar, Naeem uz, 2015. "Impact of public-private-partnership programs on students’ learning outcomes: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment," MPRA Paper 73070, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Aug 2016.
- repec:col:000174:015711 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lde:journl:y:2017:i:87:p:165-190 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ángela Rocío López Sánchez & Andrés Felipe Virgüez Clavijo & Jaime Andrés Sarmiento Espinel & Adriana Carolina Silva Arias, 2015. "El efecto de la gerencia privada de escuelas públicas en el desempeño estudiantil en la educación media en Colombia," REVISTA ECOS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT, vol. 19(41), pages 108-136, December.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2010. "Reviewing Public–Private Partnership Performance in Developing Economies," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Public–Private Partnerships, chapter 25 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsContracting out; educational reform; market/government failure; NPM; public-private partnerships.;
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-08-21 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2008-08-21 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2008-08-21 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .