How far from Just-in-time are Portuguese firms? A survey of its progress and perception
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheng, TCE, 1988. "The just-in-time production: A survey of its development and perception in the Hong Kong electronics industry," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 25-32.
- Cusumano, Michael A., 1954- & Takeishi, Akira, 1958-., 1991. "Supplier relations and management : a survey of Japanese, Japanese-transplant, and U.S. auto plants," Working papers 3256-91., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- De Toni, Alberto & Nassimbeni, Guido, 2000. "Just-in-time purchasing: an empirical study of operational practices, supplier development and performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 631-651, December.
- Thomas, R & Oliver, N, 1991. "Components supplier patterns in the UK motor industry," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 609-616.
- Kannan, Vijay R. & Tan, Keah Choon, 2005. "Just in time, total quality management, and supply chain management: understanding their linkages and impact on business performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 153-162, April.
- Currie, W. L., 1999. "Revisiting management innovation and change programmes: strategic vision or tunnel vision?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 647-660, December.
- Chhikara, Jitendra & Weiss, Elliott N., 1995. "JIT savings--myth or reality?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 73-78.
- Pragman, Claudia H., 1996. "JIT II: A purchasing concept for reducing lead times in time-based competition," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 54-58.
- Shirley J Daniel & Wolf D Reitsperger, 1991. "Management Control Systems for J.I.T.: An Empirical Comparison of Japan and the U.S," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(4), pages 603-617, December.
- Low Sui Pheng & Wu Min, 2005. "Just-in-time management in the ready mixed concrete industries of Chongqing, China and Singapore," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(8), pages 815-829.
- Wu Min & Low Sui Pheng, 2005. "Economic order quantity (EOQ) versus just-in-time (JIT) purchasing: an alternative analysis in the ready-mixed concrete industry," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 409-422.
- Tucker, Marvin W. & Davis, David A., 1993. "Key ingredients for successful implementation of just-in-time: a system for all business sizes," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 59-65.
More about this item
Keywordsjust-in-time; Portuguese industries; manufacturing;
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-24 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .