TPS's process design in American automotive plants and its effects on the triple bottom line and sustainability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marvin B. Lieberman & Lieven Demeester, 1999. "Inventory Reduction and Productivity Growth: Linkages in the Japanese Automotive Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(4), pages 466-485, April.
- David, Israel & Eben-Chaime, Moshe, 2003. "How far should JIT vendor-buyer relationships go?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 361-368, January.
- Kannan, Vijay R. & Tan, Keah Choon, 2005. "Just in time, total quality management, and supply chain management: understanding their linkages and impact on business performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 153-162, April.
- Yasin, Mahmoud M. & Small, Michael H. & Wafa, Marwan A., 2003. "Organizational modifications to support JIT implementation in manufacturing and service operations," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 213-226, June.
- Richard E. White & John N. Pearson & Jeffrey R. Wilson, 1999. "JIT Manufacturing: A Survey of Implementations in Small and Large U.S. Manufacturers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Hong Chen & Murray Z. Frank & Owen Q. Wu, 2005. "What Actually Happened to the Inventories of American Companies Between 1981 and 2000?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(7), pages 1015-1031, July.
- Callen, Jeffrey L. & Fader, Chris & Krinsky, Itzhak, 2000. "Just-in-time: A cross-sectional plant analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 277-301, January.
- Marvin B. Lieberman & Shigeru Asaba, 1997. "Inventory Reduction and Productivity Growth: A Comparison of Japanese and US Automotive Sectors," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 73-85.
- Yang, Chen-Lung & Lin, Shu-Ping & Chan, Ya-hui & Sheu, Chwen, 2010. "Mediated effect of environmental management on manufacturing competitiveness: An empirical study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 210-220, January.
- Sadao Sakakibara & Barbara B. Flynn & Roger G. Schroeder & William T. Morris, 1997. "The Impact of Just-in-Time Manufacturing and Its Infrastructure on Manufacturing Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(9), pages 1246-1257, September.
- Yang, Ma Ga (Mark) & Hong, Paul & Modi, Sachin B., 2011. "Impact of lean manufacturing and environmental management on business performance: An empirical study of manufacturing firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(2), pages 251-261, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Förster, Bernadette, 2015. "Technology foresight for sustainable production in the German automotive supplier industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 237-248.
- Govindan, K. & Jafarian, A. & Khodaverdi, R. & Devika, K., 2014. "Two-echelon multiple-vehicle location–routing problem with time windows for optimization of sustainable supply chain network of perishable food," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 9-28.
- Fan, Di & Lo, Chris K.Y. & Ching, Vincent & Kan, C.W., 2014. "Occupational health and safety issues in operations management: A systematic and citation network analysis review," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 334-344.
- Yusuf, Yahaya Y. & Gunasekaran, A. & Musa, Ahmed & El-Berishy, Nagham M. & Abubakar, Tijjani & Ambursa, Hafsat M., 2013. "The UK oil and gas supply chains: An empirical analysis of adoption of sustainable measures and performance outcomes," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 501-514.
- Gouda, Sirish Kumar & Jonnalagedda, Sreelata & Saranga, Haritha, 2016. "Design for the environment: Impact of regulatory policies on product development," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(2), pages 558-570.
More about this item
KeywordsToyota Production System; Manufacturing process design; Case study; Automobile industry; Triple bottom line; Sustainability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:140:y:2012:i:1:p:374-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.