Drivers of Finished-Goods Inventory in the U.S. Automobile Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 1999. "Capacity Allocation Using Past Sales: When to Turn-and-Earn," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 685-703, May.
- Marvin B. Lieberman & Lieven Demeester, 1999. "Inventory Reduction and Productivity Growth: Linkages in the Japanese Automotive Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(4), pages 466-485, April.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Christian Terwiesch & Yi Xu, 2008. "On the Effects of Consumer Search and Firm Entry in a Multiproduct Competitive Market," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(3), pages 461-473, 05-06.
- Taylor Randall & Serguei Netessine & Nils Rudi, 2006. "An Empirical Examination of the Decision to Invest in Fulfillment Capabilities: A Study of Internet Retailers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 567-580, April.
- Marshall L. Fisher & Christopher D. Ittner, 1999. "The Impact of Product Variety on Automobile Assembly Operations: Empirical Evidence and Simulation Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(6), pages 771-786, June.
- Marvin B. Lieberman & Shigeru Asaba, 1997. "Inventory Reduction and Productivity Growth: A Comparison of Japanese and US Automotive Sectors," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 73-85.
- Sunder Kekre & Kannan Srinivasan, 1990. "Broader Product Line: A Necessity to Achieve Success?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1216-1232, October.
- Vishal Gaur & Marshall L. Fisher & Ananth Raman, 2005. "An Econometric Analysis of Inventory Turnover Performance in Retail Services," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(2), pages 181-194, February.
- Sergey Rumyantsev & Serguei Netessine, 2007. "What Can Be Learned from Classical Inventory Models? A Cross-Industry Exploratory Investigation," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 409-429, April.
- Amil Petrin, 2002. "Quantifying the Benefits of New Products: The Case of the Minivan," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(4), pages 705-729, August.
- Garrett van Ryzin & Siddharth Mahajan, 1999. "On the Relationship Between Inventory Costs and Variety Benefits in Retail Assortments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(11), pages 1496-1509, November.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Valerie A. Ramey, 1994. "Output Fluctuations at the Plant Level," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 593-624.
- Richard Kum-yew Lai, 2005. "Inventory Signals," Microeconomics 0509001, EconWPA.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- Hong Chen & Murray Z. Frank & Owen Q. Wu, 2005. "What Actually Happened to the Inventories of American Companies Between 1981 and 2000?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(7), pages 1015-1031, July.
- Kevin B. Hendricks & Vinod R. Singhal, 2005. "Association Between Supply Chain Glitches and Operating Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(5), pages 695-711, May.
- John Paul MacDuffie & Kannan Sethuraman & Marshall L. Fisher, 1996. "Product Variety and Manufacturing Performance: Evidence from the International Automotive Assembly Plant Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 350-369, March.
- Hall, George J., 2000.
"Non-convex costs and capital utilization: A study of production scheduling at automobile assembly plants,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 681-716, June.
- George J. Hall, 1997. "Non-Convex Costs and Capital Utilization: A Study of Production Scheduling at Automobile Assembly Plants," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1169, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barcos, Lucía & Barroso, Alicia & Surroca, Jordi & Tribó, Josep A., 2013.
"Corporate social responsibility and inventory policy,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 143(2), pages 580-588.
- Tribo Gine, José Antonio & Surroca Aguilar, Jorge & Barroso Ludeña, Alicia & Barcos, Lucía, 2010. "Corporate social responsibility and inventory policy," INDEM - Working Paper Business Economic Series id-10-03, Instituto para el Desarrollo Empresarial (INDEM).
- Chuang, Chia-Hung & Chiang, Chung-Yean, 2016. "Dynamic and stochastic behavior of coefficient of demand uncertainty incorporated with EOQ variables: An application in finished-goods inventory from General Motors׳ dealerships," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 95-109.
- Jose A. Guajardo & Morris A. Cohen & Serguei Netessine, 2016. "Service Competition and Product Quality in the U.S. Automobile Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(7), pages 1860-1877, July.
- Obermaier, Robert, 2012. "German inventory to sales ratios 1971–2005—An empirical analysis of business practice," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 964-976.
- Staeblein, Thomas & Aoki, Katsuki, 2015. "Planning and scheduling in the automotive industry: A comparison of industrial practice at German and Japanese makers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 258-272.
- Chiang, Chung-Yean & Lin, Winston T. & Suresh, Nallan C., 2016. "An empirically-simulated investigation of the impact of demand forecasting on the bullwhip effect: Evidence from U.S. auto industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 53-65.
- Demeter, Krisztina & Golini, Ruggero, 2014. "Inventory configurations and drivers: An international study of assembling industries," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 62-73.
- Nepal, Bimal & Murat, Alper & Babu Chinnam, Ratna, 2012. "The bullwhip effect in capacitated supply chains with consideration for product life-cycle aspects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 318-331.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:148-159 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsempirical; supply chain management; distribution; product variety; inventory theory; manufacturing flexibility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:56:y:2010:i:1:p:202-216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .