Complementarity and Cost Reduction: Evidence from the Auto Supply Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim B. Clark, 1989. "Project Scope and Project Performance: The Effect of Parts Strategy and Supplier Involvement on Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(10), pages 1247-1263, October.
- Hirschman,Albert O., 1981. "Essays in Trespassing," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521282437, April.
- Helper, Susan & Levine, David I, 1992. "Long-Term Supplier Relations and Product-Market Structure," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 561-581, October.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013. "Toward an Economic Model of the Japanese Firm," Chapters,in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 18, pages 315-341 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
- Samuel Hollander, 1965. "The Sources of Increased Efficiency: A Study of DuPont Rayon Plants," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026258235x, January.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw & Giovanna Prennushi, 1995. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Productivity," NBER Working Papers 5333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul S. Adler & Kim B. Clark, 1991. "Behind the Learning Curve: A Sketch of the Learning Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(3), pages 267-281, March.
- Helper, Susan, 1991. "Strategy and Irreversibility in Supplier Relations: The Case of the U.S. Automobile Industry," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(04), pages 781-824, December.
- Dutton, John M. & Thomas, Annie & Butler, John E., 1984. "The History of Progress Functions as a Managerial Technology," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(02), pages 204-233, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2007. "Complementarities in automobile production," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1315-1345.
- Uwe Jirjahn & Jens Mohrenweiser & Uschi Backes‐Gellner, 2011.
"Works Councils and Learning: On the Dynamic Dimension of Codetermination,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 427-447, August.
- Uwe Jirjahn & Jens Mohrenweiser & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2009. "Works Councils and Learning: On the Dynamic Dimension of Codetermination," Working Papers 0116, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Nov 2010.
- Uwe Jirjahn & Jens Mohrenweiser & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2010. "Works Councils and Learning: On the Dynamic Dimension of Codetermination," Research Papers in Economics 2010-06, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Derek C. Jones & Takao Kato, 2011.
"The Impact of Teams on Output, Quality, and Downtime: An Empirical Analysis Using Individual Panel Data,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 64(2), pages 215-240, January.
- Jones, Derek C. & Kato, Takao, 2007. "The Impact of Teams on Output, Quality and Downtime: An Empirical Analysis Using Individual Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 2917, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jones, Derek & Kato, Takao, 2007. "The Impact of Teams on Output, Quality and Downtime: An Empirical Analysis Using Individual Panel Data," Working Papers 104-24, Department of Economics, Colgate University.
- Kato, Takao & Lee, Ju Ho & Ryu, Jang-Soo, 2010. "The Productivity Effects of Profit Sharing, Employee Ownership, Stock Option and Team Incentive Plans: Evidence from Korean Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5111, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Iain Cockburn & Rebecca Henderson & Scott Stern, 1999. "The Diffusion of Science-Driven Drug Discovery: Organizational Change in Pharmaceutical Research," NBER Working Papers 7359, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susan Helper & David I. Levine & Elliot Bendoly, 2002.
"Employee Involvement And Pay At Us And Canadian Auto Suppliers,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 329-377, June.
- Helper, S. & Levine, D.I. & Bendoly, E., 1999. "Employee Involvment and Pay at U.S. and Canadian Auto Suppliers," Papers 71, California Berkeley - Institute of Industrial Relations.
- Helper, Susan & Levine, David I. & Bendoly, Elliott, 2000. "Employee Involvement and Pay at U.S. and Canadian Auto Suppliers," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt8t51741b, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Derek C. Jones & Srecko Goic, 2010. "Do Innovative Workplace Practices Foster Mutual Gains? Evidence From Croatia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp993, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Derek C. Jones & Takao Kato, 2003. "The Effect of Employee Involvment on Firm Performance: Evidence from an Econometric Case Study," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-612, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hiroyuki Chuma & Takao Kato & Isao Ohashi, 2004. "What Japanese Workers Want: Evidence from the Japanese Worker Representation and Participation Survey," Discussion papers 04019, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Sharon Novak & Scott Stern, 2007. "Complementarity Among Vertical Integration Decisions: Evidence from Automobile Product Development," NBER Working Papers 13232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua G. Rosett & Richard N. Rosett, 1999. "Characteristics of TQM: Evidence from the RIT/USA Today Quality Cup Competition," NBER Working Papers 7241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:6033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.