Organising new product development Knowledge hollowing-out and knowledge integration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cusumano, Michael A. & Nobeoka, Kentaro, 1992. "Strategy, structure and performance in product development: Observations from the auto industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 265-293, June.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1993. "Knowledge of the Firm and the Evolutionary Theory of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(4), pages 625-645, December.
- D'Adderio, Luciana, 2001. "Crafting the virtual prototype: how firms integrate knowledge and capabilities across organisational boundaries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1409-1424, December.
- Fine, Charles H. & Whitney, Daniel E., 1996. "Is the make-buy decision process a core competence?," Working papers #140-96. Working paper (S, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Massimo Egidi, 1995. "Routines, Hierarchies of Problems, Procedural Behaviour: Some Evidence fom Experiments," CEEL Working Papers 9503, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Kim B. Clark, 1989. "Project Scope and Project Performance: The Effect of Parts Strategy and Supplier Involvement on Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(10), pages 1247-1263, October.
- Minkler, Alanson P, 1993. "The Problem with Dispersed Knowledge: Firms in Theory and Practice," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 569-587.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markus C. Becker, 2012. "Distributed Knowledge and its Coordination," Chapters,in: Handbook of Knowledge and Economics, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lampón, Jesús F. & Cabanelas, Pablo & Frigant, Vincent, 2017. "The new automobile modular platforms: from the product architecture to the manufacturing network approach," MPRA Paper 79160, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jesús F. Lampón & Pablo Cabanelas & Javier González Benito, 2015. "The impact of implementation of a modular platform strategy in automobile manufacturing networks," Working Papers. Collection B: Regional and sectoral economics 1502, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- repec:wsi:ijitmx:v:14:y:2017:i:05:n:s0219877017500274 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shalini R. Tiwari & Rajen Gupta, 2012. "Dynamics of Knowledge Integration in a Project Network," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 11(2), pages 143-169, December.
- Berggren, Christian & Magnusson, Thomas & Sushandoyo, Dedy, 2015. "Transition pathways revisited: Established firms as multi-level actors in the heavy vehicle industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 1017-1028.
- Elena Revilla, 2008. "Antecedents and consequences of knowledge integration in product development. An empirical evidence," Working Papers Economia wp08-13, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
More about this item
KeywordsNew product development; FIAT Auto; knowledge integration systems integration; modularity; knowledge hollowing-out; resource-based view;
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - General
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INO-2003-10-05 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:03-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen). General contact details of provider: http://www.druid.dk/ .