The impact of implementation of a modular platform strategy in automobile manufacturing networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Linda Allen & Christos Pantzalis, 1996. "Valuation of the operating Flexibility of Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(4), pages 633-653, December.
- Arghya Ghosh & Hodaka Morita, 2002. "Differentiated duopoly under vertical relationships with communication costs," Industrial Organization 0207008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rudberg, Martin & Olhager, Jan, 2003. "Manufacturing networks and supply chains: an operations strategy perspective," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 29-39, February.
- Alain Patchong & Thierry Lemoine & Gilles Kern, 2003. "Improving Car Body Production at PSA Peugeot Citroën," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 33(1), pages 36-49, February.
- Subramanian Rangan, 1998. "Do Multinationals Operate Flexibly? Theory and Evidence," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(2), pages 217-237, June.
- Peter J. Buckley & Mark C. Casson, 2003. "Models of the multinational enterprise," Chapters, in: Thomas L. Brewer & Stephen Young & Stephen E. Guisinger (ed.), The New Economic Analysis of Multinationals, chapter 2, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bernhard Fleischmann & Sonja Ferber & Peter Henrich, 2006. "Strategic Planning of BMW’s Global Production Network," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 36(3), pages 194-208, June.
- Markus C. Becker & Francesco Zirpoli, 2003. "Organising new product development Knowledge hollowing-out and knowledge integration," DRUID Working Papers 03-05, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Bruce Kogut & Nalin Kulatilaka, 1994. "Operating Flexibility, Global Manufacturing, and the Option Value of a Multinational Network," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 123-139, January.
- Tony W Tong & Jeffrey J Reuer, 2007. "Real options in multinational corporations: organizational challenges and risk implications," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(2), pages 215-230, March.
- Zander, Ivo, 1999. "Whereto the multinational? The evolution of technological capabilities in the multinational network," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 261-291, August.
- Frank L DuBois & Brian Toyne & Michael D Oliff, 1993. "International Manufacturing Strategies of U.S. Multinationals: A Conceptual Framework Based on a Four-Industry Study," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(2), pages 307-333, June.
More about this item
KeywordsModular platforms; manufacturing networks; operational flexibility; economies of scale; economies of scope; automobile sector.;
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-02-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2015-02-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-NET-2015-02-16 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gov:wpregi:1502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricio Sanchez-Fernandez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geviges.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.