Dynamics of Knowledge Integration in a Project Network
Recently, there has been a tendency in many industries to form collaborative projects with the objective of creating value for customers. Flow of resources, especially knowledge, is quite common among actors of a project network. However, disparate knowledge has to be integrated in the network in order to accomplish project objectives. Due to the paucity of literature on how the actors of a project network integrate their specialized knowledge; this study undertakes the task of examining the process of knowledge integration in a large project network. Based on the existing literature, a conceptual framework for knowledge integration was developed and, subsequently, a longitudinal study of a large network was designed to observe the phenomenon. The study revealed interesting insights into the dynamics of knowledge integration by suggesting that knowledge identification is an important subprocess and how it influences the later subprocesses of knowledge integration.
Volume (Year): 11 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 100 Wenhwa Road, Seatwen, Taichung|
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hellgren, Bo & Stjernberg, Torbjörn, 1995. "Design and implementation in major investments -- A project network approach," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 377-394, December.
- Dubois, Anna & Gadde, Lars-Erik, 2002. "Systematic combining: an abductive approach to case research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 553-560, July.
- Eccles, Robert G., 1981. "The quasifirm in the construction industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 335-357, December.
- Ritter, Thomas & Gemunden, Hans Georg, 2003. "Interorganizational relationships and networks: An overview," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(9), pages 691-697, September.
- Markus C. Becker & Francesco Zirpoli, 2003. "Organising new product development Knowledge hollowing-out and knowledge integration," DRUID Working Papers 03-05, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:11:y:2012:i:2:p:143-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.