Establishment Turnover and the Evolution of Wage Inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2008.
"Wages and the Risk of Displacement,"
Research in Labor Economics,in: Work, Earnings and Other Aspects of the Employment Relation, volume 28, pages 251-276
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2003. "Wages and the Risk of Displacement," Working Papers w200310, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro, 2006. "Wages and the Risk of Displacement," IZA Discussion Papers 1926, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro, 2010. "Wages and the risk of displacement," Working Paper Series 1159, European Central Bank.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2003. "Wages and the Risk of Displacement," CEF.UP Working Papers 0308, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Pedro Portugal & Olivier Blanchard, 2001. "What Hides Behind an Unemployment Rate: Comparing Portuguese and U.S. Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 187-207, March.
- Chinhui Juhn, 1999. "Wage Inequality and Demand for Skill: Evidence from Five Decades," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(3), pages 424-443, April.
- Martins, Pedro S. & Pereira, Pedro T., 2004. "Does education reduce wage inequality? Quantile regression evidence from 16 countries," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 355-371, June.
- Richard E. Caves, 1998. "Industrial Organization and New Findings on the Turnover and Mobility of Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1947-1982, December.
- Eli Berman & John Bound & Zvi Griliches, 1994. "Changes in the Demand for Skilled Labor within U. S. Manufacturing: Evidence from the Annual Survey of Manufactures," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 367-397.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Melissa S. Kearney, 2008. "Trends in U.S. Wage Inequality: Revising the Revisionists," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 300-323, May.
- Cardoso, Ana Rute, 2007. "Jobs for young university graduates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 271-277, February.
- Lambson, V.E., 1989. "Industry Evolution With Sunk Costs And Uncertian Market Conditions," Working papers 8904, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Robert E. Baldwin & Glen G. Cain, 2000. "Shifts In Relative U.S. Wages: The Role Of Trade, Technology, And Factor Endowments," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(4), pages 580-595, November.
- Gilles Duranton & Vassilis Monastiriotis, 2002. "Mind the Gaps: The Evolution of Regional Earnings Inequalities in the U.K., 1982-1997," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 219-256.
- Centeno, Mario & Novo, Alvaro A., 2009. "When Supply Meets Demand: Wage Inequality in Portugal," IZA Discussion Papers 4592, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsWage Inequality; Labor Demand; Establishment Turnover.;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-06-05 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-06-05 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-LTV-2012-06-05 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:cetedp:1202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Bonanca). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .