Growing with Global Production Sharing: The Tale of Penang Export Hub
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yusuf , Shahid & Nabeshima, Kaoru, 2009. "Can Malaysia escape the middle-income Trap ? a strategy for Penang," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4971, The World Bank.
- Shahid Yusuf & M. Anjum Altaf & Kaoru Nabeshima, 2004. "Global Production Networking and Technological Change in East Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14918, August.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2011.
"Production Networks and Trade Patterns in East Asia: Regionalization or Globalization?,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 10(1), pages 65-95, Winter/Sp.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra, 2010. "Production Networks and Trade Patterns in East Asia: Regionalization or Globalization?," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 56, Asian Development Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra, 2014.
"How India Fits into Global Production Sharing: Experience, Prospects, and Policy Options,"
India Policy Forum,
National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 10(1), pages 57-116.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2013. "How India fits into global production sharing: Experience, prospects and policy options," Departmental Working Papers 2013-13, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Archanun Kohpaiboon, 2013. "Global Production Sharing, Trade Patterns and Industrialization in Southeast Asia," Departmental Working Papers 2013-18, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Mitsuyo Ando & Fukunari Kimura, 2014.
"Evolution of Machinery Production Networks: Linkage of North America with East Asia,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 13(3), pages 121-160, Fall.
- Mitsuyo ANDO & Fukunari KIMURA, 2013. "Evolution of Machinery Production Networks: Linkage of North America with East Asia," Working Papers DP-2013-32, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- THORBECKE, Willem, 2012. "The Short- and Long-Run Effects of Exchange Rate Changes on the Japanese Electronics Industry," Discussion papers 12019, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Andrew Jia-Yi Kam, 2013. "International production networks and host country productivity: evidence from Malaysia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 27(1), pages 127-146, May.
- Doner, Richard, 2012. "Success as Trap? Crisis Response And Challenges To Economic Upgrading in Export-Oriented Southeast Asia," Working Papers 45, JICA Research Institute.
- Millanida Hilman, Rafiazka & Widodo, Tri, 2015. "Global Production Sharing in Machinery and Transport Equipment Industry in the ASEAN4," MPRA Paper 79663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsproduction sharing; production fragmentation; foreign direct investment; multinational enterprises;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:papers:2011-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Zec). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.