Indirect Elicitation of Non-Linear Multiattribute Utility Functions. A Dual Procedure Combined with DEA
In this paper, we propose an indirect method to elicit nonlinear multiattribute utility functions which is based on duality results. The idea is to obtain a utility function which is compatible with the observed behaviour of decision makers. The paper builds on a previous work by André and Riesgo (A non-interactive method to elicit non-linear multiattribute utility functions. Theory and Application to Agricultural Economics. European Journal of Operational Research. In press) but it eliminates an important shortcoming, the necessity to estimate the efficient set, by using a DEA-like approach.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Carretera de Utrera km.1, 41013 Sevilla|
Phone: + 34 954 34 8913
Fax: + 34 954 34 9339
Web page: http://www.upo.es/econ/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jiménez, Antonio & Mateos, Alfonso & Ríos-Insua, Sixto, 2009. "Missing consequences in multiattribute utility theory," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 395-410, April.
- Johri, Pravin K., 1994. "Derivation of duality in mathematical programming and optimization theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 547-554, March.
- Canbolat, Yavuz Burak & Chelst, Kenneth & Garg, Nitin, 2007. "Combining decision tree and MAUT for selecting a country for a global manufacturing facility," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 312-325, June.
- Johri, Pravin K., 1993. "Implied constraints and a unified theory of duality in linear and nonlinear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 61-69, November.
- Tiwari, D. N. & Loof, R. & Paudyal, G. N., 1999. "Environmental-economic decision-making in lowland irrigated agriculture using multi-criteria analysis techniques," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 99-112, May.
- Brugha, Cathal M., 2004. "Phased multicriteria preference finding," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 308-316, October.
- Sumpsi, JoseMaria & Amador, Francisco & Romero, Carlos, 1997. "On farmers' objectives: A multi-criteria approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 64-71, January.
- P. L. Yu, 1973. "A Class of Solutions for Group Decision Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(8), pages 936-946, April.
- Gomez-Limon, J. A. & Berbel, J., 2000. "Multicriteria analysis of derived water demand functions: a Spanish case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 49-72, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pab:wpaper:07.02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicación Digital - UPO)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.