Empirical studies of trade marks - the existing economic literature
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Philipp Schautschick & Christine Greenhalgh, 2016. "Empirical studies of trade marks -- The existing economic literature," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 358-390, June.
- Philipp Schautschick & Christine Greenhalgh, 2013. "Empirical Studies of Trade Marks: The Existing Economic Literature," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n25, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mendonca, Sandro & Pereira, Tiago Santos & Godinho, Manuel Mira, 2004.
"Trademarks as an indicator of innovation and industrial change,"
Elsevier, pages 1385-1404.
- Sandro Mendonça & Tiago Santos Pereira & Manuel Mira Godinho, 2004. "Trademarks as an Indicator of Innovation and Industrial Change," LEM Papers Series 2004/15, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Christian Helmers & Mark Rogers, 2010. "Innovation and the Survival of New Firms in the UK," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 36(3), pages 227-248, May.
- William Griffiths & Paul H. Jensen & Elizabeth Webster, 2011. "What Creates Abnormal Profits?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 58(3), pages 323-346, July.
- Maria Jose Abud & Carsten Fink & Bronwyn Hall & Christian Helmers, 2013. "The use of intellectual property in Chile," WIPO Economic Research Working Papers 11, World Intellectual Property Organization - Economics and Statistics Division.
- Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Market Value, R&D, and Patents," NBER Chapters,in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 249-252 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2012. "Trade Marks and Performance in Services and Manufacturing Firms: Evidence of Schumpeterian Competition through Innovation," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 45(1), pages 50-76, February.
- Andrea Mangani, 2007.
"Measuring Variety and Quality of Products with Trademarks,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 613-631.
- Zhou, Haiwen, 2007. "Factor Endowment, the Choice of Technology, and the Volume of Trade," MPRA Paper 76424, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul H. Jensen & Elizabeth Webster, 2008. "Labelling Characteristics And Demand For Retail Grocery Products In Australia ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 129-140, June.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Paul H. Jensen & Elizabeth Webster, 2009. "Another Look At The Relationship Between Innovation Proxies ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 252-269, September.
- Greenhalgh, Christine & Longland, Mark, 2001. " Intellectual Property in UK Firms: Creating Intangible Assets and Distributing the Benefits via Wages and Jobs," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(0), pages 671-696, Special I.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2006. "Intellectual Property Activity by Service Sector and Manufacturing Firms in the UK, 1996-2000," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2006n03, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Carl Benedikt Frey, 2013. "Intellectual Property Rights and the Financing of Technological Innovation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15365, September.
- Hipp, Christiane & Grupp, Hariolf, 2005.
"Innovation in the service sector: The demand for service-specific innovation measurement concepts and typologies,"
Elsevier, pages 517-535.
- Laurens Cherchye & Piet Vanden Abeele, 2002. "On Research Efficiency: A Micro-Analysis of Dutch University Research in Economics and Business Management," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces0206, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Longland, 2005. "Running to Stand Still? - The Value of R&D, Patents and Trade Marks in Innovating Manufacturing Firms," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 307-328.
- Sandner, Philipp G. & Block, Joern, 2011. "The market value of R&D, patents, and trademarks," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 969-985.
- Elizabeth Webster & Paul H. Jensen, 2004. "Patterns of Trademarking Activity in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2004n02, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Malmberg, Claes, 2005. "Trademarks Statistics as Innovation Indicator? - A Micro Study," Papers in Innovation Studies 2005/17, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:epolin:v:44:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40812-016-0058-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dirk Crass & Dirk Czarnitzki & Andrew A. Toole, 2016. " The dynamic relationship between investments in brand equity and firm profitability: Evidence using trademark registrations," Working Papers Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI) 526330, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI).
- Duygun, Meryem & Sena, Vania & Shaban, Mohamed, 2016. "Trademarking activities and total factor productivity: Some evidence for British commercial banks using a metafrontier approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(S), pages 70-80.
- Dirk Crass & Dirk Czarnitzki & Andrew A. Toole, 2016.
" The dynamic relationship between investments in brand equity and firm profitability: Evidence using trademark registrations,"
Working Papers Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI)
526330, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI).
- Crass, Dirk & Czarnitzki, Dirk & Toole, Andrew A., 2016. "The dynamic relationship between investments in brand equity and firm profitability: Evidence using trademark registrations," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-004, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Duygun, Meryem & Sena, Vania & Shaban, Mohamed, 2014. "Trademarking status and economic efficiency among commercial banks: Some evidence for the UK," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 506-514.
More about this item
KeywordsIntellectual property; trade marks; empirical studies;
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2013-07-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2013-07-28 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2013-07-28 (Intellectual Property Rights)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .