Aid and Dutch Disease in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher S. Adam & David L. Bevan, 2006.
"Aid and the Supply Side: Public Investment, Export Performance, and Dutch Disease in Low-Income Countries,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 20(2), pages 261-290.
- Christopher Adam & David Bevan, 2004. "Aid and the Supply Side: Public Investment, Export Performance and Dutch Disease in Low Income Countries," Economics Series Working Papers 201, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pablo Selaya & Rainer Thiele, 2010. "Aid and Sectoral Growth: Evidence from Panel Data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(10), pages 1749-1766.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2009.
"The Aid Effectiveness Literature: The Sad Results Of 40 Years Of Research,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 433-461, July.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2005. "The Aid Effectiveness Literature. The Sad Result of 40 Years of Research," Economics Working Papers 2005-15, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Doucouliagos , H. & Paldam, M., 2007. "The aid effectiveness literature: The sad results of 40 years of research," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0773, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Christopher S Adam & Stephen A O'Connell, 2004. "Aid versus Trade Revisited: Donor and Recipient Policies in the Presence of Learning-by-Doing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(492), pages 150-173, January.
- Ambrogio Cesa‐Bianchi & Luis Felipe Cespedes & Alessandro Rebucci, 2015.
"Global Liquidity, House Prices, and the Macroeconomy: Evidence from Advanced and Emerging Economies,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(S1), pages 301-335, March.
- Ambrogio Cesa-Bianchi & Luis Felipe Cespedes & Alessandro Rebucci, 2015. "Global Liquidity, House Prices, and the Macroeconomy; Evidence from Advanced and Emerging Economies," IMF Working Papers 15/23, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan Finkelstein-Shapiro & Andrés González Gómez, 2015. "Macroprudential Policy and Labor Market Dynamics in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6866, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Cesa-Bianchi, Ambrogio & Cespedes, Luis & Rebucci, Alessandro, 2015. "Global liquidity, house prices and the macroeconomy: evidence from advanced and emerging economies," Bank of England working papers 522, Bank of England.
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Subramanian, Arvind, 2011. "Aid, Dutch disease, and manufacturing growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 106-118, January.
- White, Howard & Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 1992. "Exchange rates, trade liberalization and aid: The Sri Lankan experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1471-1480, October.
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-380, November.
- Laplagne, Patrick & Treadgold, Malcolm & Baldry, Jonathan, 2001. "A Model of Aid Impact in Some South Pacific Microstates," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 365-383, February.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Joong Shik Kang & Alessandro Prati & Alessandro Rebucci, 2012.
"Aid, Exports, and Growth: a Time-Series Perspective on the Dutch Disease Hypothesis,"
Review of Economics and Institutions,
Università di Perugia, vol. 3(2).
- Joong Shik Kang & Alessandro Prati & Alessandro Rebucci, 2010. "Aid, Exports, and Growth: A Time-Series Perspective on the Dutch Disease Hypothesis," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1970, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Joong Shik Kang & Alessandro Prati & Alessandro Rebucci, 2010. "Aid, Exports, and Growth: A Time-Series Perspective on the Dutch Disease Hypothesis," Research Department Publications 4678, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Joong S Kang & Alessandro Prati & Alessandro Rebucci, 2013. "Aid, Exports, and Growth; A Time-Series Perspective on the Dutch Disease Hypothesis," IMF Working Papers 13/73, International Monetary Fund.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder J G, 1984. "The 'Dutch Disease': A Disease after All?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 41-55, March.
- Vos, Rob, 1998.
"Aid Flows and "Dutch Disease" in a General Equilibrium Framework for Pakistan,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 77-109, February.
- Vos, R., 1995. "Aid FLows and 'Dutch Disease' in a General Equilibrium Framework for Pakistan," Working Papers - Money, Finance & Development 59, Institute of Social Studies.
- Christopher Adam & Stephen A O`Connell, 2000. "Aid versus Trade Revisited," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2000-19, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Thierry Tressel & Alessandro Prati, 2006. "Aid Volatility and Dutch Disease; Is There a Role for Macroeconomic Policies?," IMF Working Papers 06/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopher S. Adam & David L. Bevan, 2003. "Aid, Public Expenditure and Dutch Disease," CSAE Working Paper Series 2003-02, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Yves Bourdet & Hans Falck, 2006. "Emigrants' remittances and Dutch Disease in Cape Verde," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 267-284.
- Bazoumana Ouattara & Eric Strobl, 2008. "Foreign Aid Inflows And The Real Exchange Rate In The Cfa Franc Zone," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 116, pages 37-52.
- Perotti, Roberto & Alesina, Alberto, 1996. "Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment," Scholarly Articles 4553018, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Haideh Salehi-Esfahani, 1988. "Informationally Imperfect Labour Markets and the 'Dutch Disease' Problem," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(3), pages 617-624, August.
- David Fielding, 2010. "Aid and Dutch Disease in the South Pacific and in Other Small Island States," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(5), pages 918-940.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim A, 1999. "External Aid: Help or Hindrance to Export Orientation in Africa?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 8(4), pages 578-616, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedrosa-Garcia, Jose Antonio, 2017. "Trends and Features of Research on Foreign Aid: A Literature Review," MPRA Paper 82134, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Djedje Hermann YOHOU & Michaël GOUJON & Bertrand LAPORTE & Samuel GUERINEAU, 2016.
"Is Aid Unfriendly to Tax? African Evidence of Heterogeneous Direct and Indirect Effects,"
- Djedje Hermann Yohou & Michaël Goujon & Bertrand Laporte & Samuel Guerineau, 2016. "Is Aid Unfriendly to Tax? African Evidence of Heterogeneous Direct and Indirect Effects," Working Papers halshs-01321620, HAL.
- Thomas Goda & Alejandro Torres García, 2015.
"Flujos de capital, recursos naturales y enfermedad holandesa: el caso colombiano,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 33(78), pages 197-206, December.
- Thomas Goda & Alejandro Torres García, 2015. "Flujos de capital, recursos naturales y enfermedad holandesa: el caso colombiano," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 33(78), pages 197-206, Diciembre.
- Chance Mwabutwa & Nicola Viegi & Manoel Bittencourt, 2012. "Monetary Policy Response to Capital Inflows in Form of Foreign Aid in Malawi," Working Papers 201232, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Goda & Alejandro Torres, 2013. "Tasa de cambio real y recomposición sectorial en Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010936, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Thomas Goda & Alejandro Torres, 2013. "Overvaluation of the real exchange rate and the Dutch Disease: the Colombian case," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010930, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Quibria, M.G., 2012. "Going Beyond the Averages: Aid and Development," MPRA Paper 43919, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:rmk:rmkbae:v:4:y:2017:i:2:p:57-64 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAid; Dutch Disease; Africa;
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:otg:wpaper:1108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janet Bryant). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etotanz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.