Does energy efficiency label alter consumers f purchase decision? A latent class approach on Shanghai data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Jefferson, Gary H. & Liu, Hongmei & Tao, Quan, 2004. "What is driving China's decline in energy intensity?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-97, March.
- F Alpizar & F Carlsson & P Martinsson, 2003.
"Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles,
Economic Issues, vol. 8(1), pages 83-110, March.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Martinsson, Peter, 2001. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," Working Papers in Economics 52, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Peter Martinsson, 2002. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp200205t2, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised May 2002.
- Roe, Brian & Teisl, Mario F. & Levy, Alan & Russell, Matthew, 2001. "US consumers' willingness to pay for green electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 917-925, September.
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Koskela, Erkki & Ollikainen, Markku, 2004. "Environmental quality competition and eco-labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 284-306, March.
- Wanki Moon & Wojciech J. Florkowski & Bernhard Brückner & Ilona Schonhof, 2002. "Willingness to Pay for Environmental Practices: Implications for Eco-Labeling," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 88-102.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- B. Howarth, Richard & Haddad, Brent M. & Paton, Bruce, 2000. "The economics of energy efficiency: insights from voluntary participation programs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 477-486, June.
- Peter Boxall & Wiktor Adamowicz, 2002. "Understanding Heterogeneous Preferences in Random Utility Models: A Latent Class Approach," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 23(4), pages 421-446, December.
- Junyi Shen & Tatsuyoshi Saijo, 2007. "The Socioeconomic Determinants of Individual Environmental Concern: Evidence from Shanghai Data," OSIPP Discussion Paper 07E003, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Teisl, Mario F. & Roe, Brian & Hicks, Robert L., 2002. "Can Eco-Labels Tune a Market? Evidence from Dolphin-Safe Labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata, 2002.
"Environmental Labeling and Incomplete Consumer Information in Laboratory Markets,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 113-134, January.
- Cason, T.N. & Gangadharan, L., 1999. "Environmental Labeling and Incomplete Consumer Information in Laboratory Markets," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 708, The University of Melbourne.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 2001.
"Is Ecolabelling a Reliable Environmental Policy Measure?,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(1), pages 113-127, January.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 1999. "Is Ecolabelling a Reliable Environmental Policy Measure?," Working Papers 1999.9, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Roheim, Cathy A. & Donath, Holger & Asche, Frank, 2001. "Measuring Consumer Preferences For Ecolabeled Seafood: An International Comparison," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Greene, William H. & Hensher, David A., 2003. "A latent class model for discrete choice analysis: contrasts with mixed logit," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 681-698, September.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Gossen, Rachel, 2004. "A mixed multinomial logit model analysis of weekend recreational episode type choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 767-787, November.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Bjorner, Thomas Bue & Hansen, L.G.Lars Garn & Russell, Clifford S., 2004.
"Environmental labeling and consumers' choice--an empirical analysis of the effect of the Nordic Swan,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 411-434, May.
- Thomas Bue Bjorner & Lars Garn Hansen & Clifford S. Russell, 2002. "Environmental Labelling and Consumer's Choice - An Empirical Analysis of the Effect of the Nordic Swan," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0203, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Solomon, Barry D., 2003. "Eco-labeling for energy efficiency and sustainability: a meta-evaluation of US programs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 109-123, January.
- Edward Morey & Jennifer Thacher & William Breffle, 2006. "Using Angler Characteristics and Attitudinal Data to Identify Environmental Preference Classes: A Latent-Class Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 34(1), pages 91-115, May.
- Junyi Shen, 2005. "A Review of Stated Choice Method," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-27, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Fredrik Carlsson & Peter Martinsson, 2003. "Design techniques for stated preference methods in health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 281-294.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cati Torres & Sergio Colombo & Nick Hanley, 2014.
"Incorrectly accounting for preference heterogeneity in choice experiments: what are the implications for welfare measurement?,"
Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics
2014-07, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- Catalina M. Torres & Sergio Colombo & Nick Hanley, 2014. "Incorrectly accounting for preference heterogeneity in choice experiments: what are the implications for welfare measurement?," DEA Working Papers 65, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Ramos, A. & Gago, A. & Labandeira, X. & Linares, P., 2015.
"The role of information for energy efficiency in the residential sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(S1), pages 17-29.
- Ana Ramos & Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Pedro Linares, 2014. "The Role of Information for Energy Efficiency in the Residential Sector," Working Papers 04-2014, Economics for Energy.
- Doherty, Edel & Campbell, Danny & Hynes, Stephen & van Rensburg, Thomas, 2012. "Labelling effects in discrete choice experiments," Working Papers 148831, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit, National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Simona Rasciute & Eric J Pentecost, 2008. "The Latent Heterogeneity in Investment Location Choices of Multinational Enterprises," Discussion Paper Series 2008_16, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Dec 2008.
- Cleff, Thomas & Rennings, Klaus, 2016. "Are there first mover advantages for producers of energy-efficient appliances? The case of refrigerators," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 42-50.
- Junyi Shen, 2008. "Understanding the determinants of consumers f willingness to pay for eco-labeled products: An empirical analysis of the China Environmental Label," OSIPP Discussion Paper 08E001, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- Stefanie Heinzle, 2012. "Disclosure of Energy Operating Cost Information: A Silver Bullet for Overcoming the Energy-Efficiency Gap?," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 43-64, March.
- Junui Shen & Kazuhito Ogawa & Hiromasa Takahashi, 2014.
"Examining the Tradeoff Between Fixed Pay and Performance-Related Pay: A Choice Experiment Approach,"
Review of Economic Analysis,
Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 6(2), pages 119-131, December.
- Junyi Shen & Kazuhito Ogawa & Hiromasa Takahashi, 2014. "Examining the Tradeoff between Fixed Pay and Performance-related Pay: A Choice Experiment Approach," Discussion Paper Series DP2014-01, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency label; Consumers f purchase decision; Latent class model; Willingness to pay; China;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- Q49 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2007-05-19 (China)
- NEP-DCM-2007-05-19 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ENE-2007-05-19 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osp:wpaper:07e005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Akiko Murashita). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iposujp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.