Does energy efficiency label alter consumers f purchase decision? A latent class approach on Shanghai data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata, 2002.
"Environmental Labeling and Incomplete Consumer Information in Laboratory Markets,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 113-134, January.
- Cason, T.N. & Gangadharan, L., 1999. "Environmental Labeling and Incomplete Consumer Information in Laboratory Markets," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 708, The University of Melbourne.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 2001.
"Is Ecolabelling a Reliable Environmental Policy Measure?,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(1), pages 113-127, January.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 1999. "Is Ecolabelling a Reliable Environmental Policy Measure?," Working Papers 1999.9, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Roheim, Cathy A. & Donath, Holger & Asche, Frank, 2001. "Measuring Consumer Preferences For Ecolabeled Seafood: An International Comparison," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Greene, William H. & Hensher, David A., 2003. "A latent class model for discrete choice analysis: contrasts with mixed logit," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 681-698, September.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Gossen, Rachel, 2004. "A mixed multinomial logit model analysis of weekend recreational episode type choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 767-787, November.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Bjorner, Thomas Bue & Hansen, L.G.Lars Garn & Russell, Clifford S., 2004.
"Environmental labeling and consumers' choice--an empirical analysis of the effect of the Nordic Swan,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 411-434, May.
- Thomas Bue Bjorner & Lars Garn Hansen & Clifford S. Russell, 2002. "Environmental Labelling and Consumer's Choice - An Empirical Analysis of the Effect of the Nordic Swan," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0203, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Solomon, Barry D., 2003. "Eco-labeling for energy efficiency and sustainability: a meta-evaluation of US programs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 109-123, January.
- Junyi Shen, 2005. "A Review of Stated Choice Method," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-27, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- F Alpizar & F Carlsson & P Martinsson, 2003.
"Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles,
Economic Issues, vol. 8(1), pages 83-110, March.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Martinsson, Peter, 2001. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," Working Papers in Economics 52, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Peter Martinsson, 2002. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp200205t2, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised May 2002.
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Jefferson, Gary H. & Liu, Hongmei & Tao, Quan, 2004. "What is driving China's decline in energy intensity?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-97, March.
- Roe, Brian & Teisl, Mario F. & Levy, Alan & Russell, Matthew, 2001. "US consumers' willingness to pay for green electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 917-925, September.
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Koskela, Erkki & Ollikainen, Markku, 2004. "Environmental quality competition and eco-labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 284-306, March.
- Wanki Moon & Wojciech J. Florkowski & Bernhard Brückner & Ilona Schonhof, 2002. "Willingness to Pay for Environmental Practices: Implications for Eco-Labeling," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 88-102.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D. With contributions by-Name:Adamowicz,Wiktor, 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, March.
- B. Howarth, Richard & Haddad, Brent M. & Paton, Bruce, 2000. "The economics of energy efficiency: insights from voluntary participation programs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 477-486, June.
- Peter Boxall & Wiktor Adamowicz, 2002. "Understanding Heterogeneous Preferences in Random Utility Models: A Latent Class Approach," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 23(4), pages 421-446, December.
- Junyi Shen & Tatsuyoshi Saijo, 2007. "The Socioeconomic Determinants of Individual Environmental Concern: Evidence from Shanghai Data," OSIPP Discussion Paper 07E003, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- Teisl, Mario F. & Roe, Brian & Hicks, Robert L., 2002. "Can Eco-Labels Tune a Market? Evidence from Dolphin-Safe Labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Edward Morey & Jennifer Thacher & William Breffle, 2006. "Using Angler Characteristics and Attitudinal Data to Identify Environmental Preference Classes: A Latent-Class Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 34(1), pages 91-115, May.
- Fredrik Carlsson & Peter Martinsson, 2003. "Design techniques for stated preference methods in health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 281-294.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cati Torres & Sergio Colombo & Nick Hanley, 2014.
"Incorrectly accounting for preference heterogeneity in choice experiments: what are the implications for welfare measurement?,"
Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics
2014-07, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- Catalina M. Torres & Sergio Colombo & Nick Hanley, 2014. "Incorrectly accounting for preference heterogeneity in choice experiments: what are the implications for welfare measurement?," DEA Working Papers 65, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Ramos, A. & Gago, A. & Labandeira, X. & Linares, P., 2015.
"The role of information for energy efficiency in the residential sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(S1), pages 17-29.
- Ana Ramos & Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Pedro Linares, 2014. "The Role of Information for Energy Efficiency in the Residential Sector," Working Papers 04-2014, Economics for Energy.
- Doherty, Edel & Campbell, Danny & Hynes, Stephen & van Rensburg, Thomas, 2012. "Labelling effects in discrete choice experiments," Working Papers 148831, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit, National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Simona Rasciute & Eric J Pentecost, 2008. "The Latent Heterogeneity in Investment Location Choices of Multinational Enterprises," Discussion Paper Series 2008_16, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Dec 2008.
- Cleff, Thomas & Rennings, Klaus, 2016. "Are there first mover advantages for producers of energy-efficient appliances? The case of refrigerators," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 42-50.
- Junyi Shen, 2008. "Understanding the determinants of consumers f willingness to pay for eco-labeled products: An empirical analysis of the China Environmental Label," OSIPP Discussion Paper 08E001, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- Stefanie Heinzle, 2012. "Disclosure of Energy Operating Cost Information: A Silver Bullet for Overcoming the Energy-Efficiency Gap?," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 43-64, March.
- Junui Shen & Kazuhito Ogawa & Hiromasa Takahashi, 2014.
"Examining the Tradeoff Between Fixed Pay and Performance-Related Pay: A Choice Experiment Approach,"
Review of Economic Analysis,
Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 6(2), pages 119-131, December.
- Junyi Shen & Kazuhito Ogawa & Hiromasa Takahashi, 2014. "Examining the Tradeoff between Fixed Pay and Performance-related Pay: A Choice Experiment Approach," Discussion Paper Series DP2014-01, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency label; Consumers f purchase decision; Latent class model; Willingness to pay; China;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- Q49 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2007-05-19 (China)
- NEP-DCM-2007-05-19 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ENE-2007-05-19 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osp:wpaper:07e005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Akiko Murashita). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iposujp.html .