Price discrimination in informal labor markets in Bogotá: An audit experiment during the 2018 FIFA World Cup
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Auspurg, Katrin & Hinz, Thomas & Schmid, Laura, 2017. "Contexts and conditions of ethnic discrimination: Evidence from a field experiment in a German housing market," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 26-36.
- Castillo, Marco & Petrie, Ragan & Torero, Maximo & Vesterlund, Lise, 2013.
"Gender differences in bargaining outcomes: A field experiment on discrimination,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 35-48.
- Marco Castillo & Ragan Petrie & Maximo Torero & Lise Vesterlund, 2011. "Gender Differences in Bar gaining Outcomes: A Field Experiment on Discrimination," Working Papers 1029, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science.
- Marco Castillo & Ragan Petrie & Máximo Torero & Lise Vesterlund, 2012. "Gender Differences in Bargaining Outcomes: A Field Experiment on Discrimination," NBER Working Papers 18093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravetti, Chiara & Sarr, Mare & Munene, Daniel & Swanson, Tim, 2019. "Discrimination and favouritism among South African workers: Ethnic identity and union membership," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 1-1.
- Baert, Stijn & De Pauw, Ann-Sophie, 2014.
"Is ethnic discrimination due to distaste or statistics?,"
Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 270-273.
- Baert, Stijn & De Pauw, Ann-Sophie, 2014. "Is Ethnic Discrimination Due to Distaste or Statistics?," IZA Discussion Papers 8319, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Baldini, Massimo & Federici, Marta, 2011.
"Ethnic discrimination in the Italian rental housing market,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Massimo Baldini & Marta Federici, 2010. "Ethnic discrimination in the Italian rental housing market," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0077, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"Are Emily and Greg More Employable Than Lakisha and Jamal? A Field Experiment on Labor Market Discrimination,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 991-1013, September.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2003. "Are Emily and Greg More Employable than Lakisha and Jamal? A Field Experiment on Labor Market Discrimination," NBER Working Papers 9873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2003. "Are emily and greg more employable than lakisha and jamal? A field experiment on labor market discrimination," Natural Field Experiments 00216, The Field Experiments Website.
- Andrea Baranzini & Caroline Schaerer & José V. Ramirez & Philippe Thalmann, 2008. "Do Foreigners Pay Higher Rents for the Same Quality of Housing in Geneva and Zurich?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(IV), pages 703-730, December.
- John A. List, 2004.
"The Nature and Extent of Discrimination in the Marketplace: Evidence from the Field,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 49-89.
- John List, 2004. "The nature and extent of discrimination in the marketplace: Evidence from the field," Natural Field Experiments 00299, The Field Experiments Website.
- Ayres, Ian & Siegelman, Peter, 1995. "Race and Gender Discrimination in Bargaining for a New Car," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 304-321, June.
- Chen, Li-Zhong & Hu, Wei-Min & Szulga, Radek & Zhou, Xiaolan, 2018. "Demographics, gender and local knowledge — Price discrimination in China’s car market," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 172-174.
- Alexandre Flage, 2018. "Ethnic and Gender Discrimination in Rental Housing Market, Evidence from Meta-Analysis of Correspondence Tests, 2006-2017," Working Papers 2018-04, CRESE.
- Grossman, Shelby & Honig, Dan, 2017. "Evidence from Lagos on Discrimination across Ethnic and Class Identities in Informal Trade," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 520-528.
- Flage, Alexandre, 2018. "Ethnic and gender discrimination in the rental housing market: Evidence from a meta-analysis of correspondence tests, 2006–2017," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 251-273.
- Balsa, Ana I. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2001. "Statistical discrimination in health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 881-907, November.
- Grytten, Jostein & Skau, Irene & Sørensen, Rune, 2011. "Do expert patients get better treatment than others? Agency discrimination and statistical discrimination in obstetrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 163-180, January.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2019-12-02 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-EXP-2019-12-02 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-IUE-2019-12-02 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osf:socarx:6r5hf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (OSF). General contact details of provider: https://socarxiv.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.