Informality and Development
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Erik Hurst & Benjamin Wild Pugsley, 2011. "What Do Small Businesses Do?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 42(2 (Fall)), pages 73-142.
- Miguel Jaramillo, 2013. "Is there demand for formality among informal firms? Evidence from microfirms in downtown Lima," Avances de Investigación 0013, Grupo de Análisis para el Desarrollo (GRADE).
- Suresh de Mel & David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2013.
"The Demand for, and Consequences of, Formalization among Informal Firms in Sri Lanka,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 122-150, April.
- Suresh De Mel & David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2012. "The demand for, and consequences of, formalization among informal firms in Sri Lanka," NBER Working Papers 18019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2012. "The demand for, and consequences of, formalization among informal firms in Sri Lanka," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5991, The World Bank.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2012. "The Demand for, and Consequences of, Formalization among Informal Firms in Sri Lanka," IZA Discussion Papers 6442, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rauch, James E., 1991. "Modelling the informal sector formally," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 33-47, January.
More about this item
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-07-28 (Development)
- NEP-GRO-2014-07-28 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-IUE-2014-07-28 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:faseco:12343780. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office for Scholarly Communication). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deharus.html .