What Do Small Businesses Do?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Silvia Ardagna & Annamaria Lusardi, 2010.
"Explaining International Differences in Entrepreneurship: The Role of Individual Characteristics and Regulatory Constraints,"
NBER Chapters, in: International Differences in Entrepreneurship, pages 17-62,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Silvia Ardagna & Annamaria Lusardi, 2008. "Explaining International Differences in Entrepreneurship: The Role of Individual Characteristics and Regulatory Constraints," NBER Working Papers 14012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mejia, Paula & Meléndez Arjona, Marcela, 2018. "Middle-Class Entrepreneurs and Social Mobility through Entrepreneurship in Colombia," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4082, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Adam P. Balcerzak, 2011. "Institutional integration in the European Union. Suggestion for measurement," Ekonomia i Prawo, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 7(1), pages 17-34, December.
- Miguel García-Posada & Juan Mora-Sanguinetti, 2015.
"Entrepreneurship and enforcement institutions: disaggregated evidence for Spain,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 49-74, August.
- Miguel García-Posada & Juan S. Mora-Sanguinetti, 2014. "Entrepreneurship and enforcement institutions: Disaggregated evidence for Spain," Working Papers 1405, Banco de España.
- Fernanda Llussa, 2011. "Determinants of entrepreneurship: are women different?," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp555, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Ejaz Ghani & William R. Kerr & Stephen O'Connell, 2014. "Spatial Determinants of Entrepreneurship in India," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 1071-1089, June.
- Paul A. Coomes & Jose Fernandez & Stephan F. Gohmann, 2013. "The Rate of Proprietorship Among Metropolitan Areas: The Impact of the Local Economic Environment and Capital Resources," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 37(4), pages 745-770, July.
- Ghani,Syed Ejaz & Grover,Arti & Kerr,Sari & Kerr,William Robert, 2016. "Will market competition trump gender discrimination in India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7814, The World Bank.
- Sameeksha Desai, 2009. "Measuring Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2009-10, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bárbara Flores & Óscar Landerretche & Gabriela Sánchez, 2011. "Propensión al emprendimiento: ¿Los emprendedores nacen, se educan o se hacen?," Working Papers wp330, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Bonfiglioli, Alessandra, 2012.
"Investor protection and income inequality: Risk sharing vs risk taking,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 92-104.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli, 2010. "Investor Protection and Income Inequality: Risk Sharing vs Risk Taking," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 827.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Bonfiglioli, Alessandra, 2010. "Investor Protection and Income Inequality: Risk Sharing vs Risk Taking," CEPR Discussion Papers 7853, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli, 2010. "Investor Protection and Income Inequality: Risk Sharing vs Risk Taking," Working Papers 461, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Faggio, Giulia & Silva, Olmo, 2014.
"Self-employment and entrepreneurship in urban and rural labour markets,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 67-85.
- Faggio, Giulia & Silva, Olmo, 2014. "Self-employment and entrepreneurship in urban and rural labour markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59968, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Helena Marques, 2017. "Gender, entrepreneurship and development: which policies matter?," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 35(2), pages 197-228, January.
- Gindling, T. H. & Mossaad, Nadwa & Newhouse, David, 2016.
"Earnings Premiums and Penalties for Self-Employment and Informal Employees around the World,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9723, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gindling,T. H. & Mossaad,Nadwa & Newhouse,David Locke, 2016. "Earnings premiums and penalties for self-employment and informal employees around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7530, The World Bank.
- Djankov, Simeon & Ramalho, Rita, 2009. "Employment laws in developing countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 3-13, March.
- Stephan F. Gohmann, 2012. "Institutions, Latent Entrepreneurship, and Selfâ€“Employment: An International Comparison," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 36(2), pages 295-321, March.
- Antoinette Schoar, 2010.
"The Divide between Subsistence and Transformational Entrepreneurship,"
NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 10, pages 57-81,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antoinette Schoar, 2010. "The Divide between Subsistence and Transformational Entrepreneurship," Innovation Policy and the Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(1), pages 57-81.
- Greta Falavigna & Roberto Ippoliti, 2018. "Industrial spatial dynamics, financial health and bankruptcy: evidence from Italian manufacturing industry," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 45(4), pages 533-554, December.
- Silvia Ardagna & Annamaria Lusardi, 2009. "Where does regulation hurt? Evidence from new businesses across countries," NBER Working Papers 14747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesca Castellani & Eduardo Lora, 2014.
"Is Entrepreneurship a Channel of Social Mobility in Latin America?,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 51(2), pages 179-194, November.
- Castellani, Francesca & Lora, Eduardo, 2013. "Is Entrepreneurship a Channel of Social Mobility in Latin America?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4559, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sangheon Lee & Deirdre McCann & Nina Torm, 2008. "The World Bank's “Employing Workers” index: Findings and critiques – A review of recent evidence," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 147(4), pages 416-432, December.
More about this item
Keywordssmall business; behavior; policy implications;
All these keywords.
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:42:y:2011:i:2011-02:p:73-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Ambrosino). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.